• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 7 Returns to Ebay...

15 posts in this topic

I recall this book...

Action 7 on Ebay

... going up for sale a few months back on Ebay. But, if I recall correctly, the reserve was not met, with the bidding going up to around $15K or so.

Now it's back with an opening bid of $18K.

I'll be watching this one, curious if it'll go at that price.... hmmm... hm

Kenny just finished a book for me. Hasn't come back yet, but I was pretty impressed with some of the before and after shots Matt sent. Just seems a bit odd that the current owner wouldn't have it restored. I mean it's things already Purple.

If it's already a PLOD I don't understand why the owner doesn't get the split sealed and the cover reattached.

+1 Easy work for Kenny. Could pull a mid-high grade.

Hadn't looked at the BC before posting - pretty eaten, would it get a mod or extensive with that amount of paper replacement?

If it's already a PLOD I don't understand why the owner doesn't get the split sealed and the cover reattached.

+1 Easy work for Kenny. Could pull a mid-high grade.

Hadn't looked at the BC before posting - pretty eaten, would it get a mod or extensive with that amount of paper replacement?

ext without question

Does "slight" v. "moderate" v. "extensive" really make a significant difference in price? Just askin'

How about A v. P? I assume people prefer P, but are buyers necessarily paying attention to the details of the PLOD label, other than looking out for the dreaded TRIMMED and, maybe, tape? hm

Edited to add: I would guess on an Action 7, or a similar book, people would be paying close attention to everything. But how about for books a rung or two lower in terms of scarcity/desirability?

Does "slight" v. "moderate" v. "extensive" really make a significant difference in price? Just askin'

How about A v. P? I assume people prefer P, but are buyers necessarily paying attention to the details of the PLOD label, other than looking out for the dreaded TRIMMED and, maybe, tape? hm

Edited to add: I would guess on an Action 7, or a similar book, people would be paying close attention to everything. But how about for books a rung or two lower in terms of scarcity/desirability?

Huge difference, especially depending on what restoration was done. I think there is a Batman #1 coming up soon that has slight. My opinions (so of questionable value)

1. Tear seal is probably the lowest form.

2. Color touch assuming professional is not too bad.

3. Cover cleaned and pressed (this is the aqueous process so detectible)

4. Piece replacement (depends on how much, almost prefer to see the book in person to try and figure out how much and where)

Big time taboo for me

1. trimming

2. interior whitened

Huge difference, especially depending on what restoration was done. I think there is a Batman #1 coming up soon that has slight. My opinions (so of questionable value)

4. Piece replacement (depends on how much, almost prefer to see the book in person to try and figure out how much and where)

Big time taboo for me

1. trimming

2. interior whitened

Makes sense. I guess for me appearance dominates since I'm unlikely to crack the book out of the slab. So the difference between, say, amateur color touch (which may bleed through to the inside cover) and professional color touch wouldn't necessarily bother me much.

Big time taboo for me

1. trimming

2. interior whitened

Trimming is on my taboo list as well. I'm not overly fond of extensive sloppy color touch either.

Whitening, assumes bleaching which I don't like. Lightening, however, may just be solvent washing which was/is a fairly common restorative technique and, while not my favorite, doesn't bother me that much.

Big time taboo for me

1. trimming

2. interior whitened

Can CGC detect if the interior gets whitened or is it undetectable like pressing?

hm

Big time taboo for me

1. trimming

2. interior whitened

Can CGC detect if the interior gets whitened or is it undetectable like pressing?

hm

if chemically whitened it is very easy for almost anyone (including cgc) to detect (thumbs u

Yep, Perry has listed it again. He also has a BC to Action 7 slabbed lol that must have been some research for CGC to ensure that interior/exterior BC ad combo was specific to Action 7.

I like the Action 7 as is because its slight and only cleaned for that matter. No sense sealing the spine if its going to be kept in slab.