• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first key GA book.

49 posts in this topic

My first G.A., back in 1988, was a Marvel Mystery #13 that was three hole punched and trimmed. The one that truly started my G.A. collection, though, was a Sub-Mariner Comics #5 that I bought at a really small Albuquerque Comic Convention back in the early 2000's.

I don't have either anymore. :cry:

When I was in high school, I purchased a dogeared Superman #23 in 1971 or 1972 at the San Francisco Comic Book Company from Gary Arlington. Before that I had only seen Silver Age comics. The good stuff must have been hidden in the back. The Superman #23 is still sitting in my junk pile.

When I was in high school, I purchased a dogeared Superman #23 in 1971 or 1972 at the San Francisco Comic Book Company from Gary Arlington. Before that I had only seen Silver Age comics. The good stuff must have been hidden in the back. The Superman #23 is still sitting in my junk pile.
Ray!!! :)

My first was when I was 15 years old. I bought an All Star Comics #1 & an Amazing Fantasy #15 for $650 at my LCS (Continental Comics in Granada Hills...store is still there too!). That purchase ate my entire car savings! My parents thought I was nuts! :insane:

My first was when I was 15 years old. I bought an All Star Comics #1 & an Amazing Fantasy #15 for $650 at my LCS (Continental Comics in Granada Hills...store is still there too!). That purchase ate my entire car savings! My parents thought I was nuts! :insane:

I still go to that shop every now and then :grin: Wish they have books of that caliber still though :cry:

I still go to that shop every now and then :grin: Wish they have books of that caliber still though :cry:

Say hi to Paul for me next time you go! :gossip:

Captain America Comics #15. Bought it a few years back when I got back into comics. I wanted a World War II cover with something to do with Nazi's on it.

Once I finish my X-Men run I will be looking at Golden Age a lot more! (43 issues to go!)

ive been there before. Isn't it in Northridge now? He had a decent amount of SA marvels (FF12, etc) in stacks under a glass counter---this was maybe 8-10 years ago

West, did you grow up in SoCal?

He did. CGC dragged him to the other coast.

In 1975 I purchased Four Color 386 and Danger is Our Business 1 (along with 2,000 other late GA books) for ten cents each. That same year I bought Four Color 29 and All Winners 1 at a garage sale (along with about 150 other GA books) for $300.

He did. CGC dragged him to the other coast.

that's right.