• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC booth at Wizard World St. Louis bad customer service

232 posts in this topic

Dropped a book off to be graded. Very cold folks running the booth. No one was friendly, more of a "just give us money and fill out the form" attitude. Kind'a disappointed in how my transaction was handled.

Anyone else have an experience with CGC in person like this?

Ha-ha!

It does sound like something was off because I usually get an offer of a foot rub when I swing by the booth.

I get fanned with palms and fed grapes by nubile concubines.

It does sound like something was off because I usually get an offer of a foot rub when I swing by the booth.

I would have peeled the OP some grapes and tried to talk Bree into giving him the special CGC Submission fanny rub that I like to call the "Crack, Press and Re-Sub."

They aren't "fanning" you, they are using a stick to shoo you away so I can finish the "All Andy Can Eat" buffet they've laid out for me. And I see you still haven't figured out the difference between "concubine" and "porcupine". :facepalm:

Maybe you just caught them at a bad time, not everyone can be at 100% all the time and maybe you were unlucky enough to catch the "to me it was a Tuesday" attitude?

I didn't have any problems last weekend, but I am still in winter beard mode and kind of look like a crazy homeless man who would cut you for a can of cocktail fruit...

I would have peeled the OP some grapes and tried to talk Bree into giving him the special CGC Submission fanny rub that I like to call the "Crack, Press and Re-Sub."

:juggle:

Well, the first person I walked up to sitting right in front of a stack of submission forms told me "Oh, you need to see them over there." and pointed to the two women on the other end of the table. Nobody else was at their booth at the time.

I had one book. Just a plain old modern comic (yeah not a big pay day for CGC)

Conversation went kind of like this:

ME: "I have one book to submit."

"It'll be $33."

ME: "Do you have change for a fifty?"

"No."

ME: "Ok..."

Handed them my credit card.

"Sign here. Sign here and date here."

Signed and dated. Passed the form back.

"You forgot to sign here."

Signed and passed back.

"It'll be two to three months."

No thank you for your business. Or any close. Just really poor from a customer service standpoint.

this is not good customer service. The customer did not even get a thank you for your business and felt that they did not appreciate his business. So yes, that's a problem. Most everyone else who chimed in has a long relationship with cgc personnel. Being the only game in town, where else can the op go.
I agree. If things went exactly as described, I would probably feel that my business was not appreciated. Customer service is more than doing the absolute minimum to provide a service or merely managing to do so without being rude. That CGC booth is a retail experience. Just like the other booths selling goods or services that weekend. If the customer was not greeted and thanked and served with a pleasant/helpful attitude, then I would agree that it was less than an ideal interaction.

Sometimes, just one response just isn't enough.

Read their quotes completely deadpan and uncaring. I had a problem with it.

Not like I could say, "Well, I can always take my business to that other grading company at booth 600."

All the times I visited the CGC booth, the staff was pretty friendly.

Now, they didn't pull out a couple cold ones and talk about the NCAA tournament or anything.

The dialog you posted seems professional but not cold to me. More like a "business is business" type of feel. I think if you would have started some chit/chat with them they would have probably been very cordial to you.

I've just never had any issues with the CGC staff. Too bad you did.

Our Facetious Cycles are all synched up.

Dropped a book off to be graded. Very cold folks running the booth. No one was friendly, more of a "just give us money and fill out the form" attitude. Kind'a disappointed in how my transaction was handled.

Anyone else have an experience with CGC in person like this?

Well, with that post you can probably forget about a 9.8. :baiting:

(shrug) Maybe they were tired. They're usually glad to see me.

BCCCGC.jpg

Or maybe it was the beer I was dropping off.

Ooh - any names I would recognise from the forum in that pic???

-slym

If you ever get a chance to watch what the CGC employees have to deal with at a con you would be surprised more people are not choked out. :slapfight:

We all know us comic nerds are strange folk imagine having to provide customer service for 3-4 days straight. :frustrated:

I have seen numerous times customers be out right rude to the CGC employees and them deal with it in a professional matter.

Maybe you caught them in a bad moment but I have to give the CGC employees credit .. i couldnt deal with us (thumbs u

this is not good customer service. The customer did not even get a thank you for your business and felt that they did not appreciate his business. So yes, that's a problem. Most everyone else who chimed in has a long relationship with cgc personnel. Being the only game in town, where else can the op go.
I agree. If things went exactly as described, I would probably feel that my business was not appreciated. Customer service is more than doing the absolute minimum to provide a service or merely managing to do so without being rude. That CGC booth is a retail experience. Just like the other booths selling goods or services that weekend. If the customer was not greeted and thanked and served with a pleasant/helpful attitude, then I would agree that it was less than an ideal interaction.

maybe it's just because I worked retail before, but simply not-rude is perfectly fine with me. Not everyone has an endless supply of awesome customer service niceness. As long as you get what you're paying for, why get bent out of shape because your buttocks weren't kissed?

But then again, I always thought the Soup Nazi had a good business model.

maybe it's just because I worked retail before, but simply not-rude is perfectly fine with me. Not everyone has an endless supply of awesome customer service niceness. As long as you get what I'm paying for, why get bent out of shape because your buttocks weren't kissed?

Where in what I wrote do you see me insisting that someone kiss buttocks? Rude is subjective and I construe far on the negative spectrum. But I'm not satisfied with a retail experience where the person I'm interacting with: doesn't look at me; sounds bothered to even be helping me; refuses to say hello or thank you; etc.

maybe it's just because I worked retail before, but simply not-rude is perfectly fine with me. Not everyone has an endless supply of awesome customer service niceness. As long as you get what I'm paying for, why get bent out of shape because your buttocks weren't kissed?

Where in what I wrote do you see me insisting that someone kiss buttocks? Rude is subjective and I construe far on the negative spectrum. But I'm not satisfied with a retail experience where the person I'm interacting with: doesn't look at me; sounds bothered to even be helping me; refuses to say hello or thank you; etc.

I agree with everyone but you.