• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC booth at Wizard World St. Louis bad customer service

232 posts in this topic

Dropped a book off to be graded. Very cold folks running the booth. No one was friendly, more of a "just give us money and fill out the form" attitude. Kind'a disappointed in how my transaction was handled.

Anyone else have an experience with CGC in person like this?

Dropped a book off to be graded. Very cold folks running the booth. No one was friendly, more of a "just give us money and fill out the form" attitude. Kind'a disappointed in how my transaction was handled.

Not my experience at all.

What exactly was the issue? What were you dropping off?

I know they had a lot of issues with people bringing up signed books that weren't witnessed and had to explain green label Qualified a lot.

Well, with that post you can probably forget about a 9.8. :baiting:

(shrug) Maybe they were tired. They're usually glad to see me.

BCCCGC.jpg

Or maybe it was the beer I was dropping off.

The only time I was at the booth, the young ladies who were witnesses were quite jovial. Of course, I knew them and their dad, so maybe I'm biased. There's a fine line between being pleasant and being pushy. Most of the time when I hit the CGC booth to drop off something, the folks there have been professional and cordial. But I prefer less chatting (and the possible impression of being cold) to talking my ear off and feeling trapped.

The only time I was at the booth, the young ladies who were witnesses were quite jovial. Of course, I knew them and their dad, so maybe I'm biased. There's a fine line between being pleasant and being pushy. Most of the time when I hit the CGC booth to drop off something, the folks there have been professional and cordial. But I prefer less chatting (and the possible impression of being cold) to talking my ear off and feeling trapped.

Social Interaction?!?! EEEEEEEEEK!!!

tumblr_ljvfizyuJ31qixleeo1_400.gif

When I have gone to drop off books in person they are very accommodating and pleasant to deal with.

The only time I had a negative experience dropping something off was because of what a con attendee did at the CGC table and not from anyone affiliated with CGC itself.

As I was filling out forms to drop off my books, the guy puts his form on top of my to-be-submitted items and is about to fill it out. I think my words were, "Excuse me, are you out of your mind?"

He was sorry. Doesn't change the fact that he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Rant over.

Hmm... I have a new idea for a thread...

I was at the CGC booth a couple times to grab a witness and had no problems at all. Made some small talk while walking to pick up some sketches with the young lady who was also a witness for Project Comic Con last year.

I know they had a lot of issues with people bringing up signed books that weren't witnessed and had to explain green label Qualified a lot.

I saw this both times I was filling paperwork out, it would have been helpful if CGC had an insert or something given to people to raise awareness (this seems to be a common enough problem). One person brought up a GL #86 signed by Adams and could not understand why he just couldn't take it back and have Neal say he signed it with a witness. He was not very happy and eventually decided to have Adams sign it again, thankfully it was a good to very good at best so the grade wasn't really in danger of dropping. Although all this guy really wanted was the certification that he got a Neal Adams auto in person and this likely soured that. Another guy with a signed Walking Dead variant just shook his head and left audibly telling his wife/gf how this was a pretty big scam.

I was at the CGC booth a couple times to grab a witness and had no problems at all. Made some small talk while walking to pick up some sketches with the young lady who was also a witness for Project Comic Con last year.

I saw this both times I was filling paperwork out, it would have been helpful if CGC had an insert or something given to people to raise awareness (this seems to be a common enough problem). One person brought up a GL #86 signed by Adams and could not understand why he just couldn't take it back and have Neal say he signed it with a witness. He was not very happy and eventually decided to have Adams sign it again, thankfully it was a good to very good at best so the grade wasn't really in danger of dropping. Although all this guy really wanted was the certification that he got a Neal Adams auto in person and this likely soured that. Another guy with a signed Walking Dead variant just shook his head and left audibly telling his wife/gf how this was a pretty big scam.

It's always a "scam" when people don't take the time to understand how the process works lol

I saw this both times I was filling paperwork out, it would have been helpful if CGC had an insert or something given to people to raise awareness (this seems to be a common enough problem).

At cons where a "freebie" bag is handed out an insert should be included. Not everyone may see it initially but it will help. A table tent with this info should also be set at the creators table to help inform the fans they need to get a witness first if they want CGC SS. I made this mistake in Baltimore my first time with Chris Claremont.

Well, the first person I walked up to sitting right in front of a stack of submission forms told me "Oh, you need to see them over there." and pointed to the two women on the other end of the table. Nobody else was at their booth at the time.

I had one book. Just a plain old modern comic (yeah not a big pay day for CGC)

Conversation went kind of like this:

ME: "I have one book to submit."

"It'll be $33."

ME: "Do you have change for a fifty?"

"No."

ME: "Ok..."

Handed them my credit card.

"Sign here. Sign here and date here."

Signed and dated. Passed the form back.

"You forgot to sign here."

Signed and passed back.

"It'll be two to three months."

No thank you for your business. Or any close. Just really poor from a customer service standpoint.

Well, the first person I walked up to sitting right in front of a stack of submission forms told me "Oh, you need to see them over there." and pointed to the two women on the other end of the table. Nobody else was at their booth at the time.

I had one book. Just a plain old modern comic (yeah not a big pay day for CGC)

Conversation went kind of like this:

ME: "I have one book to submit."

"It'll be $33."

ME: "Do you have change for a fifty?"

"No."

ME: "Ok..."

Handed them my credit card.

"Sign here. Sign here and date here."

Signed and dated. Passed the form back.

"You forgot to sign here."

Signed and passed back.

"It'll be two to three months."

No thank you for your business. Or any close. Just really poor from a customer service standpoint.

this is not good customer service. The customer did not even get a thank you for your business and felt that they did not appreciate his business. So yes, that's a problem. Most everyone else who chimed in has a long relationship with cgc personnel. Being the only game in town, where else can the op go.