• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC booth at Wizard World St. Louis bad customer service

232 posts in this topic

I'm fine with over the counter transactions that aren't full of pleasantries. I just don't like having to wait on someone to finish BSing with another employee or customer to take care of me. Courtesy and a smile are nice, but efficiency is much more important to me.

Now if you are working for tips, I expect much more. Had some killer Mexican food Friday night, and the guy waiting on us was efficient, but could really use some lessons on being cordial.

Sometimes we expect to much, maybe we shouldn't feel so entitled all the time.

I don't think it's too much to expect a "thank you for your business". Yes, we live in the land of sense of self entitlement, but I don't think basic common courtesy is too much to ask for (shrug)

Either way would you get this upset in an McDonalds forum after you bought your food they didn't say thank you for your business. Not sure how submitting one modern book actually ruined the OPers day.

Kinda an over reaction if you ask me.

Hey did David Lindelof thank you for spending money to see Prometheus you so much enjoyed. lol

No, I would not get upset enough to start a thread over it, nor would I even be that upset about it anywhere else in this country as I've come to expect it.

Yes, I'm upset I spent money on the POS known as Prometheus.

Also as someone who worked with CGC for years, 99% of the time, they are a pleasure to deal with ---- walk around the con and see if you're treated any better

When the CGC staff knows the customer, they are very friendly and cordial, naturally.

When the CGC staff does not know the customer, they have often been as Gary describes. Not always. But often.

This is actually true.

On more than one occassion I've seen a CGC booth where I did not know anyone and they were all gathered away from the table with their backs out and showing no interest in helping anyone.

Many of you are suggesting that people do their own homework concerning how to submit SS and such but if the staff aren't properly making themselves available other than the website how would one know what to do?

CGC is still a fairly small percentage of the collecting whole (which we sometimes forget being on here day in and day out). Given that they are pretty much the only game in town there's no motivation to earn new customers and/or support when at a convention.

This behavior allows for the excessive return times on the submissions as well. If there were real competition, lots of things would change.

Also as someone who worked with CGC for years, 99% of the time, they are a pleasure to deal with ---- walk around the con and see if you're treated any better

When the CGC staff knows the customer, they are very friendly and cordial, naturally.

When the CGC staff does not know the customer, they have often been as Gary describes. Not always. But often.

1stworldstlouis2_zps7975e51b.jpg

All this hoopla because a minimum wage, table attendant forgot to say "thank you"? :facepalm:

I'd hate to see some of you in line at McDonald's.

What hoopla?

We're knee-deep in the hoopla.

atsa lotta hoopla

Too many runaways eating up the night. rantrant

:whee:

What hoopla?

This hoopla! :cloud9:

I'd hit that...if she wasn't an Eagles fan.

you'd have hit the dude at the Mexican restaraunt restaurant if he were more "cordial"

This is flagrant MCMiles sucking up.

& fixed.

Main-hyperbole.jpg

Main-hyperbole.jpg

mememastered_zpsccd5ee0f.jpg

Main-hyperbole.jpg

:roflmao:

Main-hyperbole.jpg

:roflmao:

:popcorn:

As someone who works in high-end retail, I've learned that no matter how hard you try, you can't please everyone :shrug:

Which is why you don't try at all? (shrug)

I didn't say that, lawyer (tsk)

It's always a "scam" when people don't take the time to understand how the process works lol

Still doesn't make it any less of a scam. :baiting:

Yes, Tom, and Hairy should be able to walk up and get any book they want in a yellow slab.

That would prevent it from being a scam.

He wanted CGC to go see Neal and have Neal verify he'd signed it. I'm fairly sure Neal remembers every book he signs, aren't you?

Do you remember every mess you've taken?

I imagine Neal has signed a bazillion comics, and if pressed, would likely say "That looks like my signature, but I cannot verify 100% that I signed this comic."

That is why it is stated in the RULES that CGC set that witnesses have to be just that - they have to WITNESS the person signing the book.

:facepalm:

-slym

I really didn't think I needed to put a sarcasm thingie after my post, but I forget who I'm dealing with.

Yes - I am someone who knows how to clarify things so others can't misinterpret them.

:D

Has no one told you that such things as sarcasm are hard to detect in written form unless you let others know, say, with a smiley?

-slym

As someone who works in high-end retail, I've learned that no matter how hard you try, you can't please everyone :shrug:

Which is why you don't try at all? (shrug)

I didn't say that, lawyer (tsk)

I can call (lack of) character witnesses. rantrant

I'm fine with over the counter transactions that aren't full of pleasantries. I just don't like having to wait on someone to finish BSing with another employee or customer to take care of me. Courtesy and a smile are nice, but efficiency is much more important to me.

Now if you are working for tips, I expect much more. Had some killer Mexican food Friday night, and the guy waiting on us was efficient, but could really use some lessons on being cordial.

Sometimes we expect to much, maybe we shouldn't feel so entitled all the time.

I don't think it's too much to expect a "thank you for your business". Yes, we live in the land of sense of self entitlement, but I don't think basic common courtesy is too much to ask for (shrug)

I don't disagree with you at all, and I like to think that I'm a courteous person. Just not sure a lack of courtesy is worth getting upset about. However, there is no excuse for rudeness.

Customer service is more than doing the absolute minimum to provide a service or merely managing to do so without being rude. That CGC booth is a retail experience. Just like the other booths selling goods or services that weekend. If the customer was not greeted and thanked and served with a pleasant/helpful attitude, then I would agree that it was less than an ideal interaction.

Is that why you were flipping off the self check out machine when we stopped at the grocery store Saturday night?

Customer service is more than doing the absolute minimum to provide a service or merely managing to do so without being rude. That CGC booth is a retail experience. Just like the other booths selling goods or services that weekend. If the customer was not greeted and thanked and served with a pleasant/helpful attitude, then I would agree that it was less than an ideal interaction.

Is that why you were flipping off the self check out machine when we stopped at the grocery store Saturday night?

"I got your dollar, mutha*****!!"