• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC booth at Wizard World St. Louis bad customer service

232 posts in this topic

All this hoopla because a minimum wage, table attendant forgot to say "thank you"? :facepalm:

I'd hate to see some of you in line at McDonald's.

What hoopla?

We're knee-deep in the hoopla.

Customer service in the US is miles ahead of what I have experienced in Europe.

And then some ! lol

Yeah, ask Joey about the person he asked for directions to our hotel in London.
Well, Joey is Italian. Not many Europeans are fond of his kind. :insane:

Jealousy. :sumo:

Most Italians are known to have excellent customer service skills. It's a scientific fact.

And then some ! lol

Most Italians are known to have excellent customer service skills. It's a scientific fact.

...and to be gentle and generous with the fanny rubbing in the CPR arena.

All this hoopla because a minimum wage, table attendant forgot to say "thank you"? :facepalm:

What hoopla?

Dropped a book off to be graded. Very cold folks running the booth. No one was friendly, more of a "just give us money and fill out the form" attitude. Kind'a disappointed in how my transaction was handled.

Anyone else have an experience with CGC in person like this?

That's all this guy said.

He said it in writing on the web site belonging to these people's employers. It's not far from a formal complaint.

And then some ! lol

This is true :sorry:

What hoopla?

Dropped a book off to be graded. Very cold folks running the booth. No one was friendly, more of a "just give us money and fill out the form" attitude. Kind'a disappointed in how my transaction was handled.

Anyone else have an experience with CGC in person like this?

That's all this guy said.

That's what I don't get. (shrug) What more are you looking for in a booth attendant? Take you in the back and.......?

Did you record the whole message on your iPhone or something? :insane:

I am quite positive one of the girls added something else in there you might have mistakenly forgot to mention that was more helpful than you are leading us all on to believe. I have never seen anything from them to proof over-wise.

I personally just prefer in any service I receive that it just gets done correctly. I do not need a million thank you's and over zealous service antics.

For example when I go into my Wells Fargo Bank I dread it for the simple fact they are way to fake nice with asking me how my day or weekend is going (prompted by their computer monitors). Honestly today mostly all customer service (especially toll 1-800) are prompted by their made fun of in HS managers and computer screens to ask such non-sense. All I want is to get what I need done and get out. I don't need an arse kissing event to take place.

Maybe you caught one of them in bad moment or maybe you were in a slightly bad mood at the time yourself, but I wouldn't take it personally or worry about it as much as you have by starting this thread. (shrug)

Main-hyperbole.jpg

:eyeroll:

What hoopla?

This hoopla! :cloud9:

All my neighbors do outside my house is have their dogs poop on my lawn.

Not a single hoop babe to be found.

What hoopla?

All my neighbors do outside my house is have their dogs poop on my lawn.

Not a single hoop babe to be found.

If you had a hulahoop babe next door it would raise the value of your home exponentially. :luhv:

I'm fine with over the counter transactions that aren't full of pleasantries. I just don't like having to wait on someone to finish BSing with another employee or customer to take care of me. Courtesy and a smile are nice, but efficiency is much more important to me.

Now if you are working for tips, I expect much more. Had some killer Mexican food Friday night, and the guy waiting on us was efficient, but could really use some lessons on being cordial.

Sometimes we expect to much, maybe we shouldn't feel so entitled all the time.

When the CGC staff knows the customer, they are very friendly and cordial, naturally.

When the CGC staff does not know the customer, they have often been as Gary describes. Not always. But often.

Good assumption. doh!

What hoopla?

I'd hit that...if she wasn't an Eagles fan.

I would hit that even if she was a Cowboys fan.

Hate the players not the cheerleaders. (shrug)

I'm fine with over the counter transactions that aren't full of pleasantries. I just don't like having to wait on someone to finish BSing with another employee or customer to take care of me. Courtesy and a smile are nice, but efficiency is much more important to me.

Now if you are working for tips, I expect much more. Had some killer Mexican food Friday night, and the guy waiting on us was efficient, but could really use some lessons on being cordial.

Sometimes we expect to much, maybe we shouldn't feel so entitled all the time.

I don't think it's too much to expect a "thank you for your business". Yes, we live in the land of sense of self entitlement, but I don't think basic common courtesy is too much to ask for (shrug)