• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WD Season 3 Finale

101 posts in this topic

I couldn't find an active thread about the Walking Dead Season 3 and the final episode in particular. Sorry if there is one already out there that I missed.

I am really disappointed that the show has deviated so far from the comic series. The entire prison/governor story line of the comic was my favorite part of the series and I really feel like they missed the mark in the TV show.

I'll keep watching but every episode I care a little less.

I couldn't find an active thread about the Walking Dead Season 3 and the final episode in particular. Sorry if there is one already out there that I missed.

I am really disappointed that the show has deviated so far from the comic series. The entire prison/governor story line of the comic was my favorite part of the series and I really feel like they missed the mark in the TV show.

I agree. I don't even know what I'm watching anymore. I'm starting to get the same feeling I had when I saw Ang Lee's Hulk movie.

For a 'season finale' the pacing seemed glacial. A one-hour show, and seemed like 20 minutes was SWAT-style clearing of the prison.

Weapons raised, look down there. Weapons raised, look in here. Weapons raised, check over there. On and on...

WD is basically a tv soap opera. Ton of angst with a pinch of storyline.

Like any adaptation there is going to be modifications to give it a broad base of viewers.

I like that they're deviating, otherwise I'd have the feeling that I'd seen this before.

I love the show and love the comics even more. Sure, it's not perfect but it's better than 99% of the dung on TV.

Right, if you include all the 'reality' junk. But I was thinking there's so much excellent TV now I'm probably getting spoiled. Game of Thrones, Justified, Breaking Bad, Banshee, Hunted, Strike Back...

Even 'Arrow' is fairly decent, and it's network.

I love the show and love the comics even more. Sure, it's not perfect but it's better than 99% of the dung on TV.

I was pretty impartial when I started watching it, but the wife and I could barely get through season two, and it sounds like season three wasn't much of a recovery from that. I'm sure there's plenty of speculation regarding all the turnover for season three and how it affected the show - but from what I have heard, I don't think I'll commit to watching season three.

I think TWD has a great marketing campaign in building the hype for the show, and as long as it's on, it's helping promote comics - so I have no ill will towards it. But, I sincerely think it's suffering from Heroes syndrome. It started out phenominal, but in a short time, the people involved have lost sight of what made the first season so good.