• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Best of the Best Sketches: Most Disappointing Sketch Cover *April Fools'*

99 posts in this topic

CGCrap_zps9e5fd446.jpg[/img]

One of the reasons I significantly cut back on getting expensive con sketches :facepalm:

had a long conversation at megacon with mike mckone. i got a full figure punisher from him and he said he really liked the punisher blanks. said often times he would be asked to do a punisher head sketch and would try and explain to the person asking that it is just going to be an italian guys face. the punisher blanks solved that problem.

Here is my entry: My six year old daughter wanted a Leia sketch from Heroes last year. She met with Jamie and they discussed all the details she wanted in the sketch. When she opened the package from CGC, she immediately said she did not like it and did not want it. I traded her sketch with the one in my sig line from Blair. What do you think?

Owner: Me

Jamie Tyndall

Princess Leia with blaster

Screenshot2013-04-01at81005PM_zps6a39e706.png

I figured this would be a contest of oopsies, like the GL without the ring but having the glow. Things happen and mistakes get made, it's part of life. Sometimes they are caught and fixed, sometimes they are not. I think very few artists will tell you everything they have and will ever do is absolute perfection.

I truly am waiting for someone to start complaining that these competitions are in bad form because one artist wins and others lose. Like my niece's soccer league were the score is always fun to fun.

Hey I'm all in favor of competition, and would never complain about any thread where board members post their sketches for public review and voting to determine a "Best in class". I think bragging rights is a major part of this hobby, showcasing your collection and what not. Further I believe that it takes a certain about of courage to display sketches on this forum...

My point was and is that this particular topic "can only embarrass artist who's work ends up being displayed here".

IMHO It is in bad taste.

Having said that I'll simply refrain for viewing this thread... and quietly go away so to speak.

I don't see how this would be any different than a Razzie Award for worst movie around Oscar time.

Have to take the good reviews along with the bad IMO.....

Hell if you want i'll even say why i'm disappointed with them

I think that should be a requirement so we can tell what is wrong. So far only Mighty John has listed the artist.

Awesome idea. The back stories are usually funny

Hey I'm all in favor of competition, and would never complain about any thread where board members post their sketches for public review and voting to determine a "Best in class". I think bragging rights is a major part of this hobby, showcasing your collection and what not. Further I believe that it takes a certain about of courage to display sketches on this forum...

My point was and is that this particular topic "can only embarrass artist who's work ends up being displayed here".

IMHO It is in bad taste.

Having said that I'll simply refrain for viewing this thread... and quietly go away so to speak.

I'm kind of confused as to why my post garnered a reply, I wasn't trying to call you out or anything. Mostly it was a comment on the fact that, IMO, the last few months of BOTB have been more drama filled than a Soap Opera.

My apologies if you took that my previous post as saying you shouldn't voice your opinion. Go right ahead, and do it without fear. We may disagree, but continue doing it.

lol Best of the Best GI Joe coming tomorrow. Feel fee to keep sharing the disappointing art though. If enough people are into it we will still do a pole here in this thread.

lol Best of the Best GI Joe coming tomorrow. Feel fee to keep sharing the disappointing art though. If enough people are into it we will still do a pole here in this thread.

Darn my Leialoha is not back yet Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow