• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Best of the Best Sketches: Most Disappointing Sketch Cover *April Fools'*

99 posts in this topic

i'm going to recommend if this goes for a vote that it's never posted to the BotB FB page or website.......hell i'd even go so far as asking the mods to delete this entire thread once were done

no point off artist more then people already do

At LSCC2011 I asked Victor Drujiniu for a full figure inked Spider-man, he had 2 days to do it... I ended up with this quick piece 10 minutes before the end of the show lol

victordrujiniu001.jpg

doh!

I don't know about that I think it's a good warning for the boardies of what they might get. Especially the sadfan book.

can't disagree about the sadfan book, but as far as artist go just look them up on CAF and you can get a pretty good idea what their con sketches are going to look like.....doesn't take long at all, i do it for each con i go to and take a list of the ones i want and go to them 1st before looking at other artist

[font:Book Antiqua]This is a business.

Some artists produce mediocre/bad art.

If it were for free that its fine,

but some of them charge a good amount of money for the sketch.

If someone it’s not happy for the amount of money they pay against the final result show it here...

It’s your money, and I am sure you work hard for those dollars...[/font]

2c

:boo:

There is no preliminary poll or contest of any sort this is just purely for fun. To see who everyone thinks owns the most disappointing sketch. There will be no finals just winner take all.

Owner: TheMightyJohn

IMG_0080.jpg

free picture hosting

Owner: DevilsRain

img1220vb.jpg

Owner: RavenX-13

CGCrap_zps9e5fd446.jpg

Owner: Goldeneye

IMG_0003.jpg

Owner: J Dub

Screenshot2013-04-01at81005PM_zps6a39e706.png

Owner: Dark Prime 0

Hulk1MikeDeodatoJr.jpg

Avengers1DavidQuiles.jpg

TheMarvelsProject1JerryRobinson.jpg

TheMarvelsProject1AlexMaleev.jpg

Sketch2.jpg

Sketch.jpg

Owner: Jimmy Linguiniii

b_0002.jpg

Owner: SpiderJunkie

victordrujiniu001.jpg

lol honestly brian your the 4th/5th person that has asked to buy it (since i got it)

i'm a joker fan so haveing a sketch from the creator is the only saveing grace imo.....and if i sell it it's not like i can go out and get another

as far as being "in good fun" i agree with you, but there are meny out there who take offence at the smallest thing....artist included and some might see this and decide to not do sketches again god knows it's happened before, mike choi is no longer doing con sketches and if he does a commision it will not be in a sketch book or on a blank cover sites bc of past experences from con gores, don rossa (yes i do know what happened and while i don't agree with rossa's dicision the point still stands), adam hughs (i think it was him with that WW sketch).......i'm sure there are others

that's my thinking behind takeing this all down and not drawing attention to it, some of the artist my see these and take offence stoping sketching and we'd be responcible for ruining it for others trying to get sketches from thoes artist.....CAF imo excists at this time so you can look up said artist and make the decision yourself, and yes i know not all sketches are placed on there but it's your best shot at looking at art work from artist X

i did have another sketch i was disappointed in and remember it as i was writing this, i knew befoe had the artist wasn't (imo) good at doing women but i took a chanch giveing my "list" as it's a 50/50 mix of men/women and he happened to chooise a woman to sketch (shrug) i took a chanch and lost was all, again my avarage of good/great vs bad sketches is well above 80-90% or happy/unhappy with the sketch i recived