• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Best of the Best Sketches: Most Disappointing Sketch Cover *April Fools'*

99 posts in this topic

I think this one will be fun and is in no way a knock on the artist nominated. I have had sketches turn out bad just because it's a busy con, I have also had great sketches that the artists thought were bad because they had to rush. Anything can happen when it comes to sketches and commissions, especially on the show floor.

Anyways, I'll start :)

Brian Buccellato(Flash Writer and Colorist)

This one is just yeah... Emblem colors are incomplete, not sure if Hal has a second chin or that is his mouth, and he is missing his power ring but the glow of the ring is there...

BTW Brian is an awesome guy and drew me two amazing sketches on the slow day of the con. Check my past post for his sweet Beta Ray Bill and Joker!

Owner: TheMightyJohn

Artist: Brian Buccellato

IMG_0080.jpg

free picture hosting

I think this is in bad taste...

thats like me going to your place of work and posting about how garbage of a job you did that day... people have off days. Im pretty sure everyone has perfect days at work everyday . but thats just my opinion

thats like me going to your place of work and posting about how garbage of a job you did that day... people have off days. Im pretty sure everyone has perfect days at work everyday . but thats just my opinion

See Below

Remember this is for fun and to showcase your art. So lets keep it that way and check the drama at the door.

Every professional athlete who's ever lived says :hi:

remember just bc it's a good sketch doesn't mean you can't be disappointed with it

i got 2, considering the prices i paid and what i got i was disappointed......going to keep both though, i'll post them later. hell if you want i'll even say why i'm disappointed with them

I figured this would be a contest of oopsies, like the GL without the ring but having the glow. Things happen and mistakes get made, it's part of life. Sometimes they are caught and fixed, sometimes they are not. I think very few artists will tell you everything they have and will ever do is absolute perfection.

I truly am waiting for someone to start complaining that these competitions are in bad form because one artist wins and others lose. Like my niece's soccer league were the score is always fun to fun.

I figured this would be a contest of oopsies, like the GL without the ring but having the glow. Things happen and mistakes get made, it's part of life. Sometimes they are caught and fixed, sometimes they are not. I think very few artists will tell you everything they have and will ever do is absolute perfection.

I truly am waiting for someone to start complaining that these competitions are in bad form because one artist wins and others lose. Like my niece's soccer league were the score is always fun to fun.

lol

No, wait.

:cry: