• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA Error? Shazam (1973) #1 CGC 9.8 Sells for $2500?

52 posts in this topic

No question Captain Marvel/Shazam is a sleeper character in the DC library that, in the current JLA publication, seems to be being given the right editorial, literary and artistic direction. The question is when will DC bust Shazam out of the back-up slot to JLA and give him his own title? The character has been a JLA back-up for over a year now. And if given his own title, will it be the same top-notch creative team in place?

Yup, I'd hate to say it, but the buyer was definitely duped. For further proof, look at what else the same seller is selling:

Linky

I mean, at this point I don't know who's dumber, the dude that would buy it or the seller for CGCing it

It's always about the buyer :grin:

Ebay item #190725413781 - best offer, $2500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190725413781

I thought I read somewhere that this line from the auction description would make it not eligible for GPA?

"four Shazam bonus books also included"

I thought the same. I'm almost positive any throw ins make it gpa ineligible. I wonder if they missed that hm

I just got two copies back from CGC graded 9.8, White Pages.

I wonder what I will do with the $5,000.00?

You should buy a 9.9 New Mutants 98. :gossip:

Ebay item #190725413781 - best offer, $2500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190725413781

I thought I read somewhere that this line from the auction description would make it not eligible for GPA?

"four Shazam bonus books also included"

I thought the same. I'm almost positive any throw ins make it gpa ineligible. I wonder if they missed that hm

I agree, it should not be eligible for GPA tracking as it says it includes 4 bonus books.