• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joey post

254 posts in this topic

You effectively feign ignorance.

Why would I try to feign anything?

Joey was talking about shrinkage on SA books after replying to accessndx.

accessndx specifically stated SA Marvels.

I simply added that DC's suffer from it as well. That was the end of it from my end until namisgr Costanza'd the thread.

Give credit where credit is due.

You effectively feign ignorance.

Why would I try to feign anything?

Joey was talking about shrinkage on SA books after replying to accessndx.

accessndx specifically stated SA Marvels.

I simply added that DC's suffer from it as well. That was the end of it from my end until namisgr Costanza'd the thread.

Give credit where credit is due.

Thanks for saying it the 733rd time. It's noble work you are doing.

I'm just trying to have a simple conversation. Sorry if I don't understand why you're being a dink about it again.

I'm just trying to have a simple conversation. Sorry if I don't understand why you're being a dink about it again.

Because you are a broken record. Listening to a broken record drone on and on is not a conversation. But you already know this.

4i2d7.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Because you are a broken record. Listening to a broken record drone on and on is not a conversation. But you already know this.

No worries, just put me on ignore and you'll be much happier. :foryou:

I'll do the same for you until you decide you can be an equal opportunity troll for all broken records.

To be honest I get in a lot of books from the early 1960's that exhibit the same shrinkage that the cole shave books do. I am fairly certain those books have never been pressed based on their condition and the type of defects they have on them.

For what it's worth, I've seen that peek through effect on early Silver Age DC books as well (late 1950's / early 1960's)

Just not to the same degree as the Constanza'd comics.

I've seen 'costanza'd' comics that were graded years before comics were costanza'd, so I'm not so sure.

Call me skeptical. I've been collecting Silver for 40 years, and in all that time only books with a substantial front-to-back cover miswrap have shown the degree of cover short-fall seen on the Costanza's, and unlike the Costanza's the back covers on the miswrapped books match up with the pages. That's why the early SA from Cole Schave's collection stood out like sore thumbs when I first saw scans of them.

A quick look at the scans in the Heritage archives confirms this.

Call me skeptical.

We're not allowed to discuss anything in this thread unless it's OK'd by people.

(tsk)

Sure you are. You are Mr. "Just havin' a conversation." So converse. Don't be a crybaby. From my perspective, your relentless agenda is part of the conversation. What is wrong with that? It's no different than checking to see whether the news was brought to you by Fox or the Village Voice.

Don't be a crybaby.

Crybaby? I'm not being a crybaby at all. (shrug)

I was having a relevant conversation with people who had a genuine interest in the topic until you derailed it. Whether it's a new topic or a topic that's been beaten to death 1000 times (like the majority of topics on here) is irrelevant. I don't see you jumping all over other people's posts for posting the same thing over and over again, but you feel the need to single my post out. No problem.

You just can't stop yourself from shooting your mouth off every time certain people post so I'd say you're the immature one, not me. That's why I'm trying to help you.

Just ignore me and everything will be fine. :foryou:

You can do the ignoring and the crying, tiger. All I said initially was that it spilled out of the Cole Schave thread. Keep sowing those seeds though, not all will fall on the rocky path, or be choked by thorns. For someone that wants to keep the conversation going, you sure do want to shut me up.

You can do the ignoring and the crying, tiger. All I said initially was that it spilled out of the Cole Schave thread. Keep sowing those seeds though, not all will fall on the rocky path, or be choked by thorns. For someone that wants to keep the conversation going, you sure do want to shut me up.

Oh, you said more than that but dude, I'm not asking you to shut up. Go back and read my posts. Did I ask you to shut up? Nope.

I'm just asking you to keep it on topic but you can't because (as broken records go, which you are apparently an expert in) it's much easier for you to just use that 'ole Fingh humor and attack the flavor of the day.

It's called straining at a gnat while swallowing a camel.

You go back and read the posts, and try to up the reading comprehension. But really keep spreading the word about cover shrinkage and how omnipresent it is. Before long, it will be just another forgotten blip on the comic radar.

I've been collecting Silver for 40 years, and in all that time only books with a substantial front-to-back cover miswrap have shown the degree of cover short-fall seen on the Costanza's, and unlike the Costanza's the back covers on the miswrapped books match up with the pages. That's why the early SA from Cole Schave's collection stood out like sore thumbs when I first saw scans of them.

+1

I agree with Bob here. I have also been collecting for over 40 years and I could post pics of hundreds of Silver Age books from my personal collection with a slight skew of the pages peeking through.

The degree of pages showing is pretty consitstent in most of the books, and nothing like these Costanza's that to me look terrible.