• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New DC licensee (Factory Entertainment) would love input on product...

66 posts in this topic

I want to see a diorama of Catwoman teaching Zatanna how to use a pool cue.

So you're essentially creating a statue that has one movement? It will stand on a pedestal and only the one movement will be functioning (at the waist for example)?

Other than a regular size head and movement, what separates you from Pop Bobbleheads?

Who is your target audience? I have three kids under 6 and I can tell you they'd be very disappointed in these. Why? B/c you can't play with them.

Like I said, I have many ideas on this subject and if you want to speak, my PM box is open.

if they were toys for kids to play with i'd go hero + villain, i think kids would prefer to have a good guy and a bad guy rather than 2 heroes with no one to fight, being motion statues i can only assume they are made for cars or else why would they need to wobble? (i dont go around touching statues, even if they wobbled i wouldn't). So with vehicles in mind i'd go the Hero + Vehicle i.e. Batman + Batmobile

It might be cool to have an Action #1 figure where the shakey part is the car being lifted over Superman's head.

I'm not sure who your target demo is. Looking at your site it seems like it might be older fans with more money who are getting these less as toys and more as collectibles. In which case I think some classic figures might be cool, especially if they can be based on classic covers. Which for me would include a GA Sandman figure from the cover of Adventure #40 and a GA Wonder Woman giving her stump speech from the cover of Wonder Woman #7.

For two-packs, I like the idea of hero and villain (such as Flash and Reverse Flash) unless there's some obvious hero duos (like Hawkman and Hawkgirl).

Ill shoot you a PM -

But yes, you are correct - Its basically a little statue with a motion feature.. We are aiming at collectors, not children (I guess 14 and up)

I love the pop bobbleheads :) But our product is just not stylized like that. We are going for accurate sculpts, with good likeness, etc.. And hope to have them retail in the 25$ range...

The comment above captures one of the ideas we are tossing, a Action #1 style Superman with a car over his head, and the car has the motion...

The comment above captures one of the ideas we are tossing, a Action #1 style Superman with a car over his head, and the car has the motion...

Any sketch of this? It sounds interesting.

Ill shoot you a PM -

But yes, you are correct - Its basically a little statue with a motion feature.. We are aiming at collectors, not children (I guess 14 and up)

I love the pop bobbleheads :) But our product is just not stylized like that. We are going for accurate sculpts, with good likeness, etc.. And hope to have them retail in the 25$ range...

so you could have like Bane holding Batman over his head and the wobble part is Batman's spine?

Nothing yet - we just have a list of concepts and are having a meeting soon to decide where we want it to go...

Here is a thought, is there even a desire for Heroes, or is everyone kind of Batman / superman / Green Lanterned etc.. out??

Would you all rather have villain 2 packs, like Joker / Harley ???

so you could have like Bane holding Batman over his head and the wobble part is Batman's spine?

Yep! We could do stuff like that (like a scene recreation) We can recreate covers, or just do figural..

This is sort of what we are trying to figure out now, and why the input here is so great!

Why can't you use a particular artist's work? They're all work for hire contracts on DC Characters aren't they?

Just curious. hm