• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
22 22

2,984 posts in this topic

My 1st submission of double cover issues to CGC just came back today:

Hardcase1CGC90DoubleCover.jpg

Hardcase1DoubleCover.jpg

Ka-Zar15CGC80DoubleCover.jpg

Ka-Zar15DoubleCover.jpg

PhantomZone1CGC75DoubleCover.jpg

PhantomZone1DoubleCover.jpg

Looks like I might have to send the Hardcase #1 back into CGC....looks like they made a mistake. The CGC label says 9.0 in the left corner but in the middle says "1st cover 8.5, interior cover 9.2". :o

This one is also at CGC awaiting grading. Should know the grade on it either tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm hoping for a 9.2 or 9.4. :wishluck:

MarvelPremiere2DoubleCoverInside.jpg

Shark

Looks like I might have to send the Hardcase #1 back into CGC....looks like they made a mistake. The CGC label says 9.0 in the left corner but in the middle says "1st cover 8.5, interior cover 9.2". :o

There might be an interior issue (staining?) that keeps the overall grade of the book at 9.0. Call for grader notes to be sure.

Nice books!

There might be an interior issue (staining?) that keeps the overall grade of the book at 9.0. Call for grader notes to be sure.

Nice books!

As far as I know, the standing policy at CGC is that the overall grade of a double or triple cover comic is the grade of the interior most cover. Mr. Borock? Care to chime in here?

Nice books!

As far as I know, the standing policy at CGC is that the overall grade of a double or triple cover comic is the grade of the interior most cover. Mr. Borock? Care to chime in here?

The covers are grade independently of the rest of the book. Then they factor the interiors to come to a final grade. In most case, if the pages are decent, it will be the same grade as the highest grade cover. Otherwise, there's probably an issue with the interiors, whether it's the PQ or some other issue (tears, stains)

Here's an extreme example of interior issues dragging down the grade.

I am starting to get tired of dragging this book out.

2vwtqj8.jpg

Well, I'm glad you did. Thanks for showing it to clear things up.

Shark

2vwtqj8.jpg

Shark

if you give it to me i wont get tired of posting it :foryou:

2vwtqj8.jpg

Shark

if you give it to me i wont get tired of posting it :foryou:

For the record, the official CGC stance is that no book with off-tan pages can grade higher than 8.5, no matter how nice the rest of the book is.