• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,982 posts in this topic

In my collection of double cover books, I have put a picture of the X-men 94. I figure it belongs in the collection by "proxy".

Anyway, here are some cool recent pick-ups.

CaptainAmerica254doublecover.jpg

My friend ShieldAgent sent me this book.

Avengers190Doublecover.jpg

Avengers278DoubleCover.jpg

In my collection of double cover books, I have put a picture of the X-men 94. I figure it belongs in the collection by "proxy".

I haven't been around enough to know how many X-men 94 double covers are out there. Hopefully the only one in existence isn't in a landfill.

As someone who also collects X-men double covers, it's a shame to hear of this situation.

Wow!

hs6vsk.jpg

Wow is right!

Fake?

I got this email from gijoed today.

On 3/20, I bought a Web of Spider-Man 85 with four covers from a different ebay seller (320228044596). I left pos feedback for him, but on closer examination I believe this book also has married covers and is not an error. The seller is willing to give me a refund, which is nice, and I am shipping the book back today. The seller has sold a second 4X of Web of Spider-Man 85 to a different ebay buyer, and now has two triple covers and another quad cover listed on ebay. He said he got a box of comics at a garage sale, although the odds of finding 3 quad covers and 2 triple covers in one box seems astounding to me. I have five quad covers in my collection which are the results of 30+ years of searching.

Mostly stuff that was on dealer sites. I don't have it all in front of me now, but one of them was a 'Tec #414 which I'm hoping to use as fodder for trade, a Marvel Feature #5, and a late silver age/early bronze Fantastic Four. All from Superworld.

I also got a Silver Age Adventure Comics with a Superboy cover too from QualityComix.

I also snagged a triple and a quadruple cover off eBay last night, but I'm a little suspicious of the auctions so I'll have to see if it's not too good to be true when I get them.

:( Hey Charles I hate to tell you this but I was talking to gijoe about that quadruple cover comic that you got on ebay and he said that the seller had sold him some fakes a while back with multiple covers and that he figured that this one was probably fake too, hope he is wrong for your sake. :wishluck:

hs6vsk.jpg

Embarrassed to admit, but I saw this book on Craigslist. Offered half of the asking price, offered was accepted, and I sent payment.

(thumbs u Nice THOR #211 cujobyte

Anyone get anything lately?

I bought 2 ASM a month ago or so, but I keep forgetting to post them.

:o:baiting: Post some pictures, What issues are they any I might need? :foryou:

:) I got a few new ones in lately I just got this one in Friday and it is the first Modern Age ASM I have ever seen above #381 that is. :cloud9:

595.jpg

I love this book. I really liked Grell's Starslayer, but Rocketeer was the best.

Starslayer2frontcover.jpg

Starslayer2backcover.jpg

Now THAT is an impressive book! Rocketeer was such a step back in time compared to everything else that was being pumped out during that period.

Thanks for sharing.