• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,981 posts in this topic

I wasn't involved with this sale, but what do you think of the price?

20r060w.jpg

For a 9.8, from that era it seems like a decent price... oh, AND it's a Double Cover?! :takeit:

2c

I agree with SolitaireOne, if I collected that series a decent price :)

Also nice double cover swamp thing moon. (thumbs u

I was sitting down grading some recent eBay purchases just now while watching the Vikings-Packers game. I bought a Crazy #2 just to have a copy because I had #1 and #3 and wanted the full set. This is what I found when I opened it up:

Crazy2DoubleCover.jpg

Now that's my idea of a good buy on a double cover issue. Paid a whopping $2.10 for it. Thanks mycomicshop! :banana:

I was sitting down grading some recent eBay purchases just now while watching the Vikings-Packers game. I bought a Crazy #2 just to have a copy because I had #1 and #3 and wanted the full set. This is what I found when I opened it up:

Now that's my idea of a good buy on a double cover issue. Paid a whopping $2.10 for it. Thanks mycomicshop! :banana:

Always nice to pick a double cover that way. :applause:

years ago, I along with 2 of my middle school buddies went to the LCS after school. The new FF by John Byrne was out that day and I was the first one to pick one off the rack. To my surprise it was a double cover and i told my 2 buddies about it. We found 2 more in the rack so all 3 of us bought a double cover FF that day. Sadly, that book is no longer in my possession.

I wonder if that was an isolated situation where multiple double covers were found in the same box. It would be neat to have multiple issues of the same book with double covers.

Anyone here lucky enough to have that?

In early 2010, ComicConnect.com will be conducting a pretty special auction. An auction of the largest collection of double cover comics ever assembled. The auction will only contain double cover books. Over 1,000 double cover comics. Believe it or not.

All starting at $1 and all without reserve.

In early 2010, ComicConnect.com will be conducting a pretty special auction. An auction of the largest collection of double cover comics ever assembled. The auction will only contain double cover books. Over 1,000 double cover comics. Believe it or not.

Well, I suppose I won't have a roof over my head by mid-2010. I will have acquired several hundred double cover comics by then, though. (thumbs u

This must be the GI JOED collection.

Well, I suppose I won't have a roof over my head by mid-2010. I will have acquired several hundred double cover comics by then, though. (thumbs u

I'll personally ensure that you do have a roof over your head. :devil:

If that's the case, then you should be seeing this triple-cover beauty that I sold him a few years ago:

ff179cgc.jpg

hm Any chance we can get an eairly preview of what books will be in this collection? :wishluck:

Joe is still actively buying so I doubt it's him. Regardless, I have a message into to him to be sure.

years ago, I along with 2 of my middle school buddies went to the LCS after school. The new FF by John Byrne was out that day and I was the first one to pick one off the rack. To my surprise it was a double cover and i told my 2 buddies about it. We found 2 more in the rack so all 3 of us bought a double cover FF that day. Sadly, that book is no longer in my possession.

I wonder if that was an isolated situation where multiple double covers were found in the same box. It would be neat to have multiple issues of the same book with double covers.

Anyone here lucky enough to have that?

I have multiple double covers of 2 ASM's. Not from the same store though.

ASM307Direct.jpg

ASM307Newsstand.jpg

and

ASM270.jpg

ASM2702nd.jpg