• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,981 posts in this topic

As a collector, I have never been that impressed with double covers since I always tend to go by the outer cover. To me, it's really nothing more than just another novelty or printing error. I would be a lot more impressed with a double cover if the outer cover was in the same condition as the inner cover. Does anybody have an example of a book such as this.

So far, every double cover book that I have seen has the outer cover grading lower than the inner cover. As a result, I have always focus on the outer cover grade (in small print) as oppossed to the larger inner cover grade which I personally view as misleading.

I believe the official grading should be based upon the what we can see (i.e. the outer cover) similar to all other graded books. The grading for the inner cover can be placed in the notes where they currently have the grading for the outer cover.

In theory, collectors should be willing to pay the same price for the book since it is still the exact same book after all. And doesn't everybody buy the book, and not the label.

I had a Batman 232 that was a 7.0/7.0