• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R.I.P Carmine Infantino

146 posts in this topic

I received three books in the mail today by the now late, great Mr. Infantino.

While this is very sad news, I am going to continue to enjoy his work and celebrate his life.

God speed.

And if this is B.S.

for shame.

I'm calling cruel joke unless I see A real headline and link. :sumo:

A George Perez posting on facebook was the first thing I saw earlier

Yeah, Perez facebooking it is a bad sign. RIP Carmine.

:(

check the link on the third page beneath mine, I have no need to lie I gain nothing from it.

I don't think anyone thinks that - it's just such bad news we all want it to be untrue.

Why would anyone lie about this?

Very sad news on one of the giants.

Crazier things on the internet have happened. In this case, it was delayed news.

Very sad!

This is too sad. :cry:

I always wanted to get him to sign something but the line was always too long. Even at his age, the fans recognized greatness and the line was a well deservedly crowded one. I caught this as soon as I saw the initial post and fled to eBay to get something done by this industry legend before everyone bounced the prices up.

It was either a 6.0 CGC SS of Batman 181 or another Bat book when this caught my eye. I had $20 in eBay bucks that went into efffect today.

I like it as it is a main DC character and it tells a story. It is a spur of the moment purchase and FAR outside what I usually collect, but for now I will keep it.

R.I.P.

supergirl_16_4.jpg

One of the greats. As important as his own art was, his work as art director revolutionized DC covers in the late 60's. DC covers from 1967 through 1972 represent for me the best design era in comics history and that is all a credit to Infantino, who laid out many of those covers himself.

Sad day.

Flash_Vol_1_184.jpg