• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity thread for Fazybones

748 posts in this topic

From the thread I started in Comics General:

Hi everyone.

I come delivering some sad news. A couple of weeks ago, a fellow boardie, one of the few females here, Fazybones, had collapsed at work. I'm have just been notified by her husband, Craig, and he asked me to let her friends know about her current condition.

Apparently, her brain has been bleeding and is swollen. From the sounds of it, this is a brain aneurism. They operated on her once, and again a second time. What was supposed to take 3 hours took 10. He was told that she may not make it, but appears to have beaten the odds.

She's in the ICU now and it seems has no short term memory. :(

Craig cares about Fay very much, and is the most precious person he knows. I know from the years I have known Fay on these boards that she is a very lovely woman with a great big heart.

I was not asked to do this, but I would like to start accepting donations for Fazy and Craig. I believe that because of an old accident, Craig is unable to work and really relied on Fay for financial support. I will ask him for their PayPal address and if any of you would like, you may PM me for it.

I will also start a charity thread in the Gold/Silver/Bronze thread to raise funds for these two fine folks.

My most sincere thoughts and prayers are with Fay and Craig, and as I type this out with tears in my eyes, I hope for a most speedy recovery for my friend. :foryou:

Thanks everyone,

Andy

I'd like to donated this All-Star Western #10 CGC 9.6 Don Rosa. I think I paid $1300 for it, and GPA says that the Don Rosa 9.6 sold for $1800 in 2011. The other 9.6s that are out there are selling for less now.

I'm asking $1100, all money goes to Fay. Please help if you can. (worship) SOLD!

asw10_zps520525b7.jpg

Oh, I didn't state this above, but if you are interested in the book, or any other book offered, just post the :takeit:

If you have any books that you'd like to donate, you may go right ahead and post them with you're asking price. For anyone who wishes to donate, please let us know what percentage of the sale will go to Fay and please understand that you will have to ship the book on your own dime.

Thanks again, everyone.

Andy

Diary Secrets #30

Classic St John Cover

CGC 2.5

Note :Case cracked in 2 places in back.

I believe this is called a Monroe cover. :gossip:

Hard to find.

$40 shipped.

all $ to the fund

I pay shipping from canada.

ds_zps4d61e826.jpg

take.

Let me find something to donate also.

Diary Secrets #30

Classic St John Cover

CGC 2.5

Note :Case cracked in 2 places in back.

I believe this is called a Monroe cover. :gossip:

Hard to find.

$40 shipped.

all $ to the fund

I pay shipping from canada.

ds_zps4d61e826.jpg

take

Thanks for getting it started.

I am so sorry to hear this. I met Fay only recently here on the Boards, but in all our exchanges she is always such a kind and generous spirit. My prayers are with her.

I am so sorry to hear about Fay. I have this. I traded one for about $250 in SS books last week.

$200 all to Fay. I will cover shipping anywhere. Thanks for the thread, Andy.

photo_zps4d334010.jpg

Peter Panzerfaust #2

Hottest book out there.. you know you want it !

One spine tick FC

Afew on the BC

and that pesky print problem that is common by the issue #

sold !!! :foryou::golfclap:

100% of $ to Charity

I pay for Shipping from canada.

pp2f_zps581d6c99.jpg

pp2b_zpse8715f1e.jpg

I just started pulling these out of a short box I have not sorted yet, so excuse the lack of organization on the titles and issues. The only book I know is not the greatest is Wolverine #10, which was in a flood. The rest of the books are flat and clean and just have not been rebagged/boarded yet.

tlYElSWl.jpg

eaxdlPzl.jpg

WgovOdxl.jpg

LbCdKMMl.jpg

How about $75 shipped anywhere in the USA for 55 books. All funds are to assist Fay in her time of need. :news:SOLD to whomerjay

I just started pulling these out of a short box I have not sorted yet, so excuse the lack of organization on the titles and issues. The only book I know is not the greatest is Wolverine #10, which was in a flood. The rest of the books are flat and clean and just have not been rebagged/boarded yet.

tlYElSWl.jpg

eaxdlPzl.jpg

WgovOdxl.jpg

LbCdKMMl.jpg

How about $75 shipped anywhere in the USA for 55 books. All funds are to assist Fay in her time of need.

take

tlYElSWl.jpg

eaxdlPzl.jpg

WgovOdxl.jpg

LbCdKMMl.jpg

How about $75 shipped anywhere in the USA for 55 books. All funds are to assist Fay in her time of need.

take

Thank you for helping Fay out. (worship)