• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

I will agree that Silver-Age pedigrees do not have the same differential qualities as the GA pedigrees have, but you have to admit that some of them are beauties.

In the next few days, I'll show some more pedigrees that I just obtained that are SA, and rank in the top five certified copies.

And while that's a cool Marines cover, the truth is that if you didn't tell me it was a pedigree, I wouldn't have known.

And while that's a cool Marines cover, the truth is that if you didn't tell me it was a pedigree, I wouldn't have known.

But how many books can you identify as a pedigree without being told? From a scan, I'm not sure I could spot any, other than those with distinctive writing (e.g., Church, WM).

But how many books can you identify as a pedigree without being told? From a scan, I'm not sure I could spot any, other than those with distinctive writing (e.g., Church, WM).

gossip.gif

date_stamp.jpg

gossip.gif

date_stamp.jpg

Lame war books. Where's the OAAW 1, 81 or 83? poke2.gif

gossip.gif

date_stamp.jpg

But lots of books have date stamps, could you tell a Salidas date stamp apart from other date stamps?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I really was trying to say (without hurting anyones feelings) was that the book doesn't have a "Wow it must be a Pedigree, quality" look to it.

What I want out of a pedigree copy is:

1) A incredibly high structural grade for that particular issue/ genre / age, etc. It doesn't have to be NM, if most issues of that book are no better than VG. Then a VF copy is an exceptional copy of that book.

2) A freshness to the cover and pages. Basically, full or near full gloss and colors and above average page quality for that book.

3) At least several hundred, if not several thousand books that were purchased and then stored in the same environment. That gives a somewhat uniform quality to the books.

frustrated.gif You all suck. tongue.gifsmile.gif

Lame war books. Where's the OAAW 1, 81 or 83?

I think I liked it better when you were BANNED! poke2.gifpoke2.gif

But lots of books have date stamps, could you tell a Salidas date stamp apart from other date stamps?

Absolutley. 100%. The "C" date stamp above is very common to the pedigree.

1) A incredibly high structural grade for that particular issue/ genre / age, etc. It doesn't have to be NM, if most issues of that book are no better than VG. Then a VF copy is an exceptional copy of that book.

Frank Blankis read most of his books, so they're almost all VF/NM or lower. Frankly, I think that adds to the charm.

2) A freshness to the cover and pages. Basically, full or near full gloss and colors and above average page quality for that book.

Check. And Salida page quality surpasses the Mile High and San Francisco pedigrees, even. It's true!

3) At least several hundred, if not several thousand books that were purchased and then stored in the same environment. That gives a somewhat uniform quality to the books.

Check. "[Part of the Salida pedigree] consisted of a complete run of DC and Atlas war books from 1950-1969 (with the exception of 10 issues total, all from the same month/year)..."

acclaim.gif

Alan grin.gif

"[Part of the Salida pedigree] consisted of a complete run of DC and Atlas war books from 1950-1969 (with the exception of 10 issues total, all from the same month/year)..."

893whatthe.gif What would you say are the grades of the Salida OAW 81 and 83 and GI Combat 68 and 87?