• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

I picked up a few Big Apple Pedigree TTAs and here they are. The page quality is OW, but I am blown away by the superior color and gloss on these books. cloud9.gif The scan won't do it justice, but in hand, they look and feel like they just came off the rack. I am VERY pleased with the quality of this pedigree... yay.gifyay.gif The quality of these books is much nicer than the Boston, Mass., Green River & Winnipegs in my collection.

TTA73BigApple.jpg

TTA100BigApple.jpg

I think I want more!

BTW, because there is a slight right edge overhang, I will not be sending these for slabbing. I fear they would be prime candidates for slab damaged corners.

Thanks!!!!!!

Also, unless you are planning on selling these, I agree it doesn't make sense to have them CGC'd at this time.

I don't slab books for myself, except for pedigrees. I like to slab pedigrees for display, plus the label keeps the provenance intact.

With the Big Apple, there is no COA or any other documentation. So, other than my memory and Metro's verbal statement that they are Big Apples, there is no chain of provenance... that's why I initially though slabbing would be a good idea.

My concern is that if I do want to get these slabbed down the road, how do I prove they are what I say they are? "Gee, 7 years ago I bought these from Metro and they told me they were Big Apples." Will that cut it?

confused-smiley-013.gif

My concern is that if I do want to get these slabbed down the road, how do I prove they are what I say they are? "Gee, 7 years ago I bought these from Metro and they told me they were Big Apples." Will that cut it?

CGC will contact Metro if they need to confirm the provenance. I'm sure Metro would then confirm this to their satisfaction. Just send a letter with the date and details of the purchase with your submission. thumbsup2.gif

Were those on Metro's recent posting? I ask because Vinny picked up a bunch of Big Apple books at a recent auction. I saw those books and they are very nice.

Yes, they were on Metro's recent posting. These boards cost me more money... !!! frustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.giftongue.gif

I was surprised the 100 was still available when I called.

I just pulled the trigger on this book from Doug's site;

Daredevil-26-94(PacificCoas.jpg

I've been eyeing it for at least 2-3 weeks, and finally decided to just buy it. It's more than I would have wanted to spend on a copy of this book, but I've been too hesitant, and blew the chance at several other books that I wanted that have been listed on his site.

Congrats, Mon Capitan! I'd been eyeing that book on and off for a while too! Really nice, and one of my favorite DD covers. And PC to boot! I think it's one of the first DDs I bought off the newstands. headbang.gif