• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

I picked up some Big Apple Tales To Astonish books as well. Killer copies to say the least.

Nochips, that's a beautiful TTA. While I've seen alot of GA Big Apple books for sale here and there, this is one of the few Silver Agers I've come across. Are there full runs of early Silver Age Marvels and DCs from the Big Apple collection? Anyone seen others, and are they as nice as this TTA? Enquiring minds want to know! hi.gif

Not as nice but still a nice cover.

TTA98BAC.jpg

Just one and unfortunately the consensus from the boards was that this was a 9.0 at best.

I also had the board give me no higher than a 9.0 grades on books that came back 9.4 and 9.6, so they are always correct. I can see one and maybe another spine stress line. And if that's it (and I'm not saying it is), then the book could still get a 9.4.

Just one and unfortunately the consensus from the boards was that this was a 9.0 at best.

I also had the board give me no higher than a 9.0 grades on books that came back 9.4 and 9.6, so they are always correct. I can see one and maybe another spine stress line. And if that's it (and I'm not saying it is), then the book could still get a 9.4.

That's good to know because I might send it in for grading. I also own a slabbed 9.2 copy and its hard to see any difference between the two.

Great books Brad. thumbsup2.gif

A pedigree is a pedigree, and I would rather see a beautiful SA pedigree than none at all.

If anyone wants to step up with some new acquisitions of GA pedigree books, we would love to see them. grin.gif

What's been really nice is the fact that due to my interest in the GR collection, my searches have taken me from my decades old Marvel stomping grounds and exposed me to some really great work on the DC side.

That #162 looks fantastic.. all three look great, but the #162 looks to be in really great shape..hrmm.. an easy 9.2.... .9.4 perhaps?

I think I know someone who just got a few grading coupons in the mail.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And I too have recently been exposed to the "other " side, mainly due to this forum..

Being a mostly Marvel Fan for years.. I now have the honor to discover many new DC titles.... and I am loving it. cloud9.gif

Ze-

I purchased these from Metropolis as raw...just got 'em....they were listed as 8.5s, which is about right I think.

There don't seem to be a huge number of slabbed OAAWs out there....I think most of them are still unslabbed. According to sckao's list, the collection includes issued from the 120's through the 190's, with 2 or 3 copies of some issues, so they are out there.

That #162 looks fantastic.. all three look great, but the #162 looks to be in really great shape..hrmm.. an easy 9.2.... .9.4 perhaps?

Ze-

They have some minor stress marks and dings that don't show up in the scans......that would bring them down to 8.5....but I guess you never know, they might grab a 9.0.