• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Well, Steve....they who hesitates.....are left out in the cold...... But at least it went to a boardie!

Actually, I'm always glad when someone I know buys a book. At least I know I'm not the only insane.gif person spending way too much money. blush.gif

Great book. I had been thinking about it (and the Mass copy of the same book) since the day that they were listed.

Both are now gone. boo.gif

I wanted every single PC DD he listed from the #15 in 9.6, to the #26 which I just bought. I kept coming home from work, looking at each of them, and thinking "I'll sleep on it". And one by one, they fell. I really regret not buying the #19, #20, and #21 PC copies. Funny thing about the #19.....I missed out 3 times on that book. First, the original owner(Linmoth) put it on Ebay. The reserve wasn't met, so I contacted him privately to buy it, but he wouldn't do it for whatever reason. Then he consigned it to Heritage, but I had just made a bunch of purchases, and I was tapped at the time. Plus, I don't like buying from Heritage. And the third time was on his site. There's really no excuse for not buying it from Doug, other than the fact that I kept hesitating. I stared at that damn book for weeks. Christo_pull_hair.gif

So finally, after seeing the mass copy sell for $50 less, and seeing a bid placed at $40 under the list price, I said F**k it and pulled the trigger. No buyers remorse here. yay.gif

So finally, after seeing the mass copy sell for $50 less, and seeing a bid placed at $40 under the list price, I said F**k it and pulled the trigger. No buyers remorse here.

I know the feeling of waiting too long, only to see the book sold.

The good news for me is that when another DD #26 CGC 9.4 copy comes along, I know you won't be bidding against me. cool.gif

All Circle 8 books do not have the distinct mark. It seems that it is a pretty decent split between those that do and those that do not. In fact, I have a few Adventure Comics copies that do not have it, but they did come with COAs.

thumbsup2.gif

All Circle 8 books do not have the distinct mark. It seems that it is a pretty decent split between those that do and those that do not. In fact, I have a few Adventure Comics copies that do not have it, but they did come with COAs.

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Lantern - I was in the dark on that one. I do have one or two C8s in my collection, sold as such, but with no COA or pen mark - so there you go. Beautiful books with excellent gloss, nevertheless.

I picked up some Big Apple Tales To Astonish books as well. Killer copies to say the least.

Nochips, that's a beautiful TTA. While I've seen alot of GA Big Apple books for sale here and there, this is one of the few Silver Agers I've come across. Are there full runs of early Silver Age Marvels and DCs from the Big Apple collection? Anyone seen others, and are they as nice as this TTA? Enquiring minds want to know! hi.gif

I picked up some Big Apple Tales To Astonish books as well. Killer copies to say the least.

Nochips, that's a beautiful TTA. While I've seen alot of GA Big Apple books for sale here and there, this is one of the few Silver Agers I've come across. Are there full runs of early Silver Age Marvels and DCs from the Big Apple collection? Anyone seen others, and are they as nice as this TTA? Enquiring minds want to know! hi.gif

I wish I knew where to find a run of something Big Apple silver age. I rarely see them. I bought a few TTAs and I am I quite pleased at the preservation of the books I have. Not sure how the other runs were stored, maybe someone knows?