• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Brad:

Nice wood floor (or is it a table)?

Oh, the books, ahhh.....

Incredible! thumbsup2.gif

Having runs of pedigrees is really what makes them "more than the sum of their parts". 893applaud-thumb.gif

Also, I agree the split panel TTA are awesome. I pretty much decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to put together a nice run of those. I'll post my first acquisition tomorrow (it fits the thread).

Now go complete your Avengers collection. cloud9.gif

Hmm. Yeah, those certificates have "morphed" a bit over time. Now they're standardized on 5 x 7 photographic sheets, have a larger scan of the comic, and contains a blow up of the date stamp as a photographic detail. (But it's a faster process.)

Probably a little weird of me to do it... but it seemed a good idea at the time. grin.gif

MarvelTales13-Cert.jpg

Shin's certificates..... cloud9.gif

And by the way, I laid the books out on top of my oak flat file, where I keep all my artwork (illustration art that I have done), posters, etc. I'd love to see anyone elses similar photos of some of their pedigree groupings.

And by the way, I want to "thank" Nochips for selling me my first pedigree book, the Avengers 22 Green River CGC 8.5 last year, and starting me down the road to ruin. As it turned out, that book had originally been owned by Shin Kao (small world) and came with one of Shin's beautiful certificates, which he goes to a lot of trouble to produce for each GR that leaves his hands.....

grcert.jpg

That was one of the reasons I got hooked. I had no idea what the Green River pedigree was all about until this book arrived in my mail. 27_laughing.gif

No thanks needed. I strung you out, gave you a fix and sent you on your way. I see that you are a real "pedigree junkie" now.

See if you can bring some others into the fold........................

Hey Red, Beautiful collection!! That Avengers # 35 is special to me ,as it was the 1st Avengers I remember buying off the newstands ,1st Roy Thomas story, great cover,etc.!!!! I stiill own my beat up copy all these years ,but i did upgrade to a high grade one years later!!! AHH!! The Memories!!! cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

You know, that might have been just about the first copy I bought off the stands too. I'm in the minority but I like Don Hecks covers, even if Kirby did the Capt America on that #35 I believe.

Red, your pedigree clusters are way cool. cool.gif

The best I can do until getting back my long-awaited package from Sarasota is a gathering of "Don and Maggie Thompson" books. Admittedly, this is not the broadest or most reknowned pedigree to hit the marketplace. Still, the famous comic journalists did an outstanding job of preserving their collection, and the few books Maggie has parted with really are quite nice. They were auctioned by All-Star before obtaining "knighthood of the pedigree" from CGC, so I'll have to get them re-holdered one of these years.

581870-D%20and%20Ms.jpg

589a8cf67a42e_581870-DandMs.jpg.36806cfbc705d3a8202058cd3b7113a5.jpg

Hmm. Yeah, those certificates have "morphed" a bit over time. Now they're standardized on 5 x 7 photographic sheets, have a larger scan of the comic, and contains a blow up of the date stamp as a photographic detail. (But it's a faster process.)

Probably a little weird of me to do it... but it seemed a good idea at the time. grin.gif

MarvelTales13-Cert.jpg

Is it copyright infringement for you to re-produce the image? confused.gif

Is it copyright infringement for you to re-produce the image? confused.gif

Hmmm. That's an interesting if strange question. I'm not selling the image, I'm selling the book. The image/certificate is there to verify the provenance or validate the book in question. I'm technically profiting by selling the book although I'm not mass producing the certificate (each is unique) or altering the book in any way. As the owner of the book in question, I'm probably given leeway in this matter since it goes toward the provenance which is itself a quasi-legal definition to prove lineage.

If reproducing the cover constituted copyright infringement, then each comic auction with a photograph would be illegal wouldn't it? That would include every auction catalog or dealer catalog or Website as well.