• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Had a slew of books slabbed in Baltimore, and finally got back a batch of standards from Sarasota to boot. So, although I've owned this book for 5 years, the casing is fresh. I apologize for the artifacts on the scan. For some reason, this mid-60s FF is very tough to find in extremely high grade, with only 1 9.6 entered in the census:

595457-FF51%20hi%20dpi.jpg

589a8cf87b711_595457-FF51hidpi.jpg.53fc429e16a8c8d040134b35f2b8b6c4.jpg

Thanks, Red and Steve, for the nice comments - the CGC game is an easy one when you're giving them a couple of Pacific Coast books to grade.

Since I'm so wired from getting 40-some slabs back in a two day period, I'll use the energy to post a couple more fresh ones. Here is the first photo-montage cover that I can remember coming from Marvel, another PC beauty with perfect structure:

595599-FF33.jpg

595599-FF33.jpg.b3575a81eb60249471e05c56695bc8df.jpg

Just to prove that they can't all be winners, here is what is certainly one of the LOWEST graded Pacific Coast books in existence. Hey, what's a little chipping among friends! Needless to say, I think the crew in Baltimore were especially rough with this one. This ish is notorious for production flaws, and is one of the rarest Silver Age Marvels in high grade:

595601-JIM90.jpg

595601-JIM90.jpg.5d284568c5a9b06239b3c9c14b01d370.jpg

And lastly, a book that I've owned for 10 years and finally encapsulated. In terms of color preservation, the Mass pedigree is as fine a Silver Age collection as I have seen (although I own no Curator books for comparison). This one is missing a chip on the right edge, and looks incredibly fresh. Steve, I think you have made a tremendous purchase with that long run of Mass ST books, as the eye appeal on the books that I have seen is amazing to behold:

595603-JIM85.jpg

595603-JIM85.jpg.3606b007644119c0cedce70ba7821bbc.jpg

Had a slew of books slabbed in Baltimore, and finally got back a batch of standards from Sarasota to boot. So, although I've owned this book for 5 years, the casing is fresh. I apologize for the artifacts on the scan. For some reason, this mid-60s FF is very tough to find in extremely high grade, with only 1 9.6 entered in the census:

595457-FF51%20hi%20dpi.jpg

Absolutely killer. thumbsup2.gif

And it isn't always about super high grade is it?

Agreed, Red. As you well know, some of the Green River books have very minor corner dings that keep them from getting the absolute top grades but, man, they have superior eye appeal. True for the other Silver pedigrees not named Pacific Coast or Curator as well.

Keep postin' 'em, dude!

Those are some sweet books. Must be nice to get 40 books graded at one time. grin.gif

Did you buy anything at the con, since it seems you spent several grand on grading fees (or course the books you showed were definitely worth it). 893applaud-thumb.gif

TMust be nice to get 40 books graded at one time. grin.gif

Did you buy anything at the con, since it seems you spent several grand on grading fees (or course the books you showed were definitely worth it). 893applaud-thumb.gif

Actually, Steve, I had 22 mostly bronze moderns and economies graded at the con, including about 15 books for which I am the original owner - they won't be posted here, but I did receive back my first ever 9.8!. yay.gif After a 6 week wait, I received today another 20 books from standard tier from FL, including 6 PC books and the Mass JIM.

I used Baltimore to purchase raw books from the late Silver-early Bronze period to upgrade weak copies and fill holes in my Marvel runs. I'm turning increasingly to buying big-ticket books already slabbed, as I've overpaid in the past couple of years for a few raw high grade early Silvers that didn't get the CGC grades I had hoped.

I'm turning increasingly to buying big-ticket books already slabbed, as I've overpaid in the past couple of years for a few raw high grade early Silvers that didn't get the CGC grades I had hoped.

I hear ya loud and clear. smirk.gif

Feel free to keep posting your gorgeous books. thumbsup2.gif

(Finally some non-Silver Age pedigrees....)

While I do have lots of the Silver-Age pedigrees, I agree, there is nothing like a GA pedigree. Basically, GA pedigrees seem to have a uniqueness to them, while I'm not sure that I really could tell the difference between the SA pedigrees.

And the Spokane books look extremely nice. Metro has a lot, and they put a big premium on them (and I can see why).