• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death of Colossus

17 posts in this topic

DIED: Uncanny X-Men #390 (Feb 01).

Henry "Beast" McCoy discovered a cure for the Legacy Virus, a disease introduced by future Cable-clone Stryfe that targeted mutants. But it required the death of a mutant while activating his powers to trigger it and disseminate it worldwide. No, that doesn't make any sense. Anyway, Colossus stole into McCoy's lab and injected himself with the cure while activating his powers, dying but somehow spreading the cure worldwide.

http://www.captaincomics.us/archives/bookofdead/colossus.htm

Uncanny X-Men #390

but wait and see.......

xmen390.JPG

Ugh, What a costume there. Since when did a guy with steel skin need shoulder and arm pads..was he gonna play football. And he painted his torso yellow?

This book was from a time where I dropped X-Men(#350-#400). I've got a feeling that I didn't miss too much.

nobody stays dead at marvel. even Quesada is now backing off his original message of characters staying dead.

That's why nobody should be upset if Vision or Hawkeye or whoever is killed by Bendis -- they'll ALL be back. Let's bring Bucky back next in his own limited series.

nobody stays dead at marvel. even Quesada is now backing off his original message of characters staying dead.

That's why nobody should be upset if Vision or Hawkeye or whoever is killed by Bendis -- they'll ALL be back. Let's bring Bucky back next in his own limited series.

How about as "Young Cap" in Young Avengers?

(not my joke)

Just my opinion, but i dont think they should have ever killed his character off to begin with. We all know he will be back and besides, there are plenty of other "weaker" characters in the x-men team that could have stood to go whom have been built up through the years as fundamentally good enough to take the legacy cure for the good of mutants. Bring that guy bck.

Looking over the designs for Young Cap in the latest Wizard it occurred to me that this is likely young Vance Astro(vik), also known as Justice (a former Avenger).

The costume sort of reminds of Vance's future costume from the Guardians of the Galaxy days, and in that series Vance went on to obtain Cap's shield and follow in his footsteps, so there is a legacy of sorts.

Plus the article says that only one of the four YA is an older character.

Looking over the designs for Young Cap in the latest Wizard it occurred to me that this is likely young Vance Astro(vik), also known as Justice (a former Avenger).

The costume sort of reminds of Vance's future costume from the Guardians of the Galaxy days, and in that series Vance went on to obtain Cap's shield and follow in his footsteps, so there is a legacy of sorts.

Why do I have the theme to "Muppet Babies" in my head now?

(When your room looks kinda weird, and you wish that you weren't the-ere...

Just close your eyes and make believe, and you can be anywhe-ere!) boo.gif

SPOILER for low hypebook:

I thought Bucky was back (in a way )in Capt America Falcon 3 - picked it up as part of Avengers Disasembled - the NAvy creates a Super sailor using Bucky's DNA? Also in issue 4, Cap is making out with Scarlet Witch confused-smiley-013.gif but in the regular Cap title he's doing Diamondback? Steve Rogers - playboy? WTF???

What if the Thor looker is Tarene AKA Thor Girl

After all we only see their eyes!