• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where are they now?

20 posts in this topic

Thought I would start an interesting thread that has been floating around in my head.

Let's start asking where our favorite artists, writers, inkers, etc....are now and maybe we can get some answers from the boards.

My first ones are two of my favorite all time pencilers

Whilce Portacio - Havent seen much from him in a couple of years and his run on X-Factor back in the day were some of my favorite pencils of all time

Marc SIlvestri - THe last work I saw from him was one of the WD #100 covers. Great artist who probably captured the X-Men in their best ever form in his run on UXM from 87-90

Joe Madureira?

I know he did some Avenging Spiderman but then dissappeared again? Knowing him he probably felt doing a monthly book was too much work.

He does video game design.

I was always really bummed out that Dan Panosian left comics. I really liked his stuff back in the day. I think now he does sequential art.

Brian Postman...

He drew the last four issues or so of the first Spider-Woman comic.

Daddy Longlegs rocked ! :)

xxx ooo

Rupp

I have read it recently, actually it did not impress me so much. I’ve found curious the early Ann Nocenti writing, anyway… :)

Brian Postman...

He drew the last four issues or so of the first Spider-Woman comic.

Daddy Longlegs rocked ! :)

xxx ooo

Rupp

I have read it recently, actually it did not impress me so much. I’ve found curious the early Ann Nocenti writing, anyway… :)

Compared to the jumbled mess that Steve Leialoha was doing... it was a god-send to me :grin:

I admit I wasn’t familiar with Postman’s work, but Leialoha was doing remarkably nice on Spider-Woman, well at the level of Claremont I’d say… they probably did not get into the character in full, as writer and artist, but I preferred Leialoha as artist than Claremont as writer, as much as I liked – say – his Ms. Marvel, which was more much "his own". :)

Joe Madureira?

I know he did some Avenging Spiderman but then dissappeared again? Knowing him he probably felt doing a monthly book was too much work.

Video game design can have Joe Mad, but give me back Travis Charest!!

Does Travis do game work? I heard he married a rich wife and does not need to work.

Craig Hamilton

I remember seeing his art for the first and only time in the 1986 Aquaman mini-series. I thought it looked amazing at the time and was surprised that he never followed it up with anything else.

aquaman5.jpg

He did some Starman work but has money issues and is incredibly unreliable from what I can tell. For a while there he had periodic "buy my art so I do not get evicted" type sales but I haven't heard of one in 2-3 years. By money issues I mean no money for art supplies even.

Joe Madureira?

Does Travis do game work? I heard he married a rich wife and does not need to work.

Hmm, for some reason I thought he worked in video game design too. Wouldn't bet money on it though. Either way, I want him back on a monthly book!

Joe Madureira?

Hmm, for some reason I thought he worked in video game design too. Wouldn't bet money on it though. Either way, I want him back on a monthly book!

Yeah, we agree on that. I am not sure of the rich wife thing, but I got that info in the Travis line in NYC a few years ago. I got on his commission list that day as well; I wonder if that list still exists?

Joe Madureira?

He has another Spidey book coming out soon with Wolverine.