• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - August 23-25, 2013! Game of Thrones guests!

368 posts in this topic

van is loaded...whew...

:gossip: did you bring the racks?

even brought an extra one for george!

Rick, is Bob coming?

no bob I am afraid. He only has time to do megacon with me

I dont think it is biggest yet, Megacon online sources indicate 45k attendance. Dont know if that is per day tickets totaled or individual attendees. Florida Supercon, a comic, anime, and pop culture event outgrew its convention center and had 25k individual attendees and could have blown that number out if building capacity was there.

But growth from 500 to a projected 20k in such a short time is an awesome quantum leap.

Yes I guess you're right when you consider the "multi" shows(Megacon,

SuperCon, Dragon Con, etc.). But 20,000 would put it right there with

Heroes Con and Baltimore.

I had a great time at the show yesterday. It was nice to see so many boardies & other friends there. My only criticism was that vintage comic dealers was a little sparse. Hopefully they will pull more dealers with the next show. Other than that, it was a really well run show. Lots of room to walk around on Friday, but it's probably the least crowded day of the three.. Easy access to the show, to the restrooms and to the concession stands. The $4.50 hotdogs were the best food value in the show. $9.50 for cheese pizza was just a tad too much.

The best booth at the show by far was the Gator/JiveTurkey booth. Gator brought many super keys. Detective Comics #27, All Star Comics #8, many Timelys and just about every Marvel Silver Key ever made. He also had a few boxes of raw Golden Age set up behind the booth that had great, affordable material. Lot's of LB Cole in there, Contact Comics #12 etc... Definitely worth a look. JiveTurkey brought what has to be the best slabbed collection of Atlas war books in existance!!! Many super high grade impossible books. I don't collect Atlas war but I was really tempted once I saw all those beauties.

Speaking of beauties, lots of nice cosplay in action there. I'm guessing Saturday will be the best day to see more of that.

And on a personal note, I was super excited to see Budd Root at the show. I own many pieces of his art but I had never met him until yesterday at the show. He is a SUPER nice guy, one of the most easygoing, genuine artists I've had the pleasure to talk to.

That pretty much wraps up my report.

Final words: DON'T MISS THE SHOW!!!

Come say Hi everyone! I am set up in booth 101. Just bought a 30+ box collection last night and will be trying to get a lot of it out to sale today!

I'll be there.

You have some good stuff out there already.