• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - August 23-25, 2013! Game of Thrones guests!

368 posts in this topic

Anyone up for a game of basketball before the con? I can play Saturday or Sunday morning...I found a nice court (looks nice in google maps) that's only 2 miles from the convention center and its on the water...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=333+S+Franklin+St,+Tampa,+FL+33602&ie=UTF-8&ei=5W8JUo_wBozUyQHZp4GgDg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg

Anyone up for a game of basketball before the con? I can play Saturday or Sunday morning...I found a nice court (looks nice in google maps) that's only 2 miles from the convention center and its on the water...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=333+S+Franklin+St,+Tampa,+FL+33602&ie=UTF-8&ei=5W8JUo_wBozUyQHZp4GgDg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg

I would be up for this depending on the time and if I can shower somewhere afterwards....I am coming up from Sarasota/Bradenton.

Well, after several months of work, I've finally gotten a handle of everything I will be bringing:

- (3) Mag boxes of slabbed books with about another three boxes to be delivered to me at the show. TONs of Copper keys, Bronze, Silver, and my personal collection of high grade Atlas War that I'll be making available for the first time. Some highlights off the top of my head include X-Men 94 CGC 9.4, FF 48 CGC 9.4, FF # 3 in CGC 8.5, Strange Tales # 1 CGC 8.5 (slight), multiple ASM 300s in 9.8, multiple NM 98 in 9.6, Tales of Teen Titans 44s in multiple grades, Batman Adventures 12 in 9.6, etc. LOTs of quality merchandise.

- (2) Shortboxes of raw wall material, which includes four copies of Hulk 181, multiple ASM 129s, early TMNT, more high grade Atlas War, and just a ton more great material that I just haven't been able to slab recently.

- (6) Longboxes of $3/$5/$10 material. Lots of bargains to be had here from the late Silver Age, through Bronze, and well represented by Copper material as well. For those that have been through my $3 boxes in the past, this is by far my best offering of material at these price points. Lots of Copper/Modern "keys", especially at the $10 price point.

- (30+) or so dollar boxes. I've bought about five collections this year, with lots of solid representation from the mid 80s to the New 52. I admit, I'm not terribly well versed on what is popular post 1999, so there are probably a lot of great finds in these boxes for those that are. I've also included a slew of lower grade Silver and Bronze books just to move them. And no, this is not predominantly 2nd tier stuff....I have about 4-5 longboxes of just X-Men, Wolverine, and X-related titles. 2-3 longboxes of Spidey and related material, etc. I'm leaving the Shadowhawk, Youngblood, and other garbage titles at home.

And of course, I'm partnering with my buddy Gator, who will have all the jaw dropping material available for sale, so please be sure to drop by our booths (310 and 401 if memory serves) and introduce yourselves. We are sure to have the best selection of vintage material in the building BAR NONE, so come by and check us out.

Look forward to this coming weekend.

Bringing lots of newly acquired books

Avengers #54 and #55 plus #66,#67 and #68

Batman #181 and #227

Conan #1

Tomb of Dracula #10

Daredevil #111

Detective #359

Strange Tales #135

X-Men #129, #141 and #142

etc. etc.

Plus my usual 1/2 off Bronze and Silver boxes will be restocked for the show.

Alrighty boys, this week is THE week.

I'm super stoked to be setting up at the new and improved Tampa Bay Comic Con, along with Board Legend Rick "Gator" Whitlock. We're going to have a ton of material available for sale, from dollar books up to comics you need to sell your house to afford. Please come and check us out starting Friday at Booths 311 and 410.

I'll be typing up my Con report throughout the weekend as well as taking lots of pictures to share next week. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of local boardies (and hopefully a few that are making the trip from Miami, New Orleans, Atlanta, etc.)

If anyone has some ideas for a Board dinner, I'm open to anything Thursday and Friday evening. There are plenty of fine dining establishments in Tampa, or hell, there's a Hooters in Channelside that's not too far away.

This is a big step up for this Convention, its gone from a small local show to a full-blown regional 3-Day powerhouse with great guests.

I moved this past weekend and will be spending the next few nights unpacking / cleaning up the old place. Friday morning cannot get here fast enough.

I am truly excited for this show. Perfect timing and tons to look forward to.