• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - August 23-25, 2013! Game of Thrones guests!

368 posts in this topic

.......................................................BRUNNER

............................................................ :whee:

Its a pretty cool list of artists/writers/actors to be sure. Good mix of Entertainment and Comics.

Yeah, Brunner's a great addition. Lot's of great artists for Conan fans like me. :banana:

Grats on the ticket sales. I advanced purchased mine the other day. My wife and I used to attend the show regulary but its been a few years since we have been to one. Looking foward to the new venue.

Tampa Bay Times article:

How did Tampa Bay Comic Con get so huge?

http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/events/how-did-tampa-bay-comic-con-get-so-huge/2137450

Advanced sales of 20,000? Are you kidding me? :o

Not advanced sales of 20,000. Pre-sale figures for us in the past have a tendency to be a certain % of total attendance, and currently pre-sale figures indicate that an attendance of more than 20,000 people is expected.

I dont think it is biggest yet, Megacon online sources indicate 45k attendance. Dont know if that is per day tickets totaled or individual attendees. Florida Supercon, a comic, anime, and pop culture event outgrew its convention center and had 25k individual attendees and could have blown that number out if building capacity was there.

But growth from 500 to a projected 20k in such a short time is an awesome quantum leap.

Projected TBCC attendees looking for me on Saturday afternoon will find me moderating the Conan Artists panel with Pablo Marcos, Geof Isherwood, and now, Frank Brunner (with a possible special appearance by Holly Frazetta). Giddy up. :banana:

Projected TBCC attendees looking for me on Saturday afternoon will find me moderating the Conan Artists panel with Pablo Marcos, Geof Isherwood, and now, Frank Brunner (with a possible special appearance by Holly Frazetta). Giddy up. :banana:

:o