• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why no love for Frank Castle....

26 posts in this topic

Yup! punisher is probably my favorite character not named Daredevil and that Brubaker run you are referring to was gold!

I already miss Punishermaxx. Garth Ennis's run was amazing then Jason Aaron's even topped it in my opinion. Punisher + Kingpin + Elektra + Bullseye, what more could you ask for!

Won't work within the MU of course, but it can work just as well as any other crime thriller has.

I always liked the Punisher: War Zone feel that Castle was punishing lower-level gangsters that superheroes just didn't bother with. The ocassional team-up was interesting, but I always hated the Punisher's interaction with superheroes. It was always so wooden and stereotypical.

And Civil War, as much as I enjoyed it, really didn't do Frank Castle any favors. It was kind of a shame to see that.