• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Fantastic Four Opinions

27 posts in this topic

I know, I know...alot has been said about these "relaunched" modern versions of these good old Marvel classics, eg. Ultimate SM, Ultimate X-Men and Ultimates.

But I am really enjoying the Ultimate FF so far! The series continues to entertain me, and this latest issue was great. If you haven't yet, it's worth a look. Just a teaser panel below!

581288-UFF%20%23%2010%20Panel.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

589a8d01267e5_581288-UFF10Panel.jpg.6cd3a89db090e10360dd628d382d0019.jpg

I know, I know...alot has been said about these "relaunched" modern versions of these good old Marvel classics, eg. Ultimate SM, Ultimate X-Men and Ultimates.

But I am really enjoying the Ultimate FF so far! The series continues to entertain me, and this latest issue was great. If you haven't yet, it's worth a look. Just a teaser panel below!

581288-UFF%20%23%2010%20Panel.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

I really like UFF, but my big complaint is the same that I have with Ultimate Spider-Man. The book is CLEARLY written for the trade paperback format, and reads much better as a trade. I'm thinking about bailing onthe monthly and just getting the trade, much like I do with USM.

But I am really enjoying the Ultimate FF so far!

893applaud-thumb.gif

I really like UFF, but my big complaint is the same that I have with Ultimate Spider-Man. The book is CLEARLY written for the trade paperback format, and reads much better as a trade. I'm thinking about bailing onthe monthly and just getting the trade, much like I do with USM.

Same here. It's been really good, but it could easily have been condensed, and a trade would be much more satisfying than reading it month to month.

I'm enjoying it a lot.

I guess I'm old fashioned, but I barely have any TPB, there's something about having the individual issues and reading them.

I usually read them as they come out, and then when the story is finished, get them all together and read them again.

As much as people criticize the Ultimate comics, I think they're all awesome, and are usually amongst the first ones I read when I get home from the comic shop.

Doom being Doom was cool too.

Yeah. I like Ultimate Doom so far. Need to have a little but more of him (I expect next issue to do that).

I can't wait to see how Ellis handles Doom rising to ruler of Latveria.

"You Fantasti-suck" Heh. Heh heh heh. He said "Fantasti-suck". smile.gif

And this sparkling dialogue is somehow supposed to get people to BUY the book? Hokay... foreheadslap.gif

Why not???? Not everything has to be grim & gritty. A bit of light-heartedness doesn't hurt the comics genre and the Ultimate line "is" aimed at a younger audience than your average old flart(yes intentional mis-spelling) collector.

I'm enjoying it a lot.

I guess I'm old fashioned, but I barely have any TPB, there's something about having the individual issues and reading them.

I usually read them as they come out, and then when the story is finished, get them all together and read them again.

As much as people criticize the Ultimate comics, I think they're all awesome, and are usually amongst the first ones I read when I get home from the comic shop.

Welcome To The Boards!

Likewise, I enjoy the individual issues (old collecting habits die hard) and can't wait for a trade to compile the story. Nothing against TPBs, as I have a couple of them also. Yeah, Doom with goat hooves is pretty cool, kinda gives him that Devilish look!

This book definitly does not Fantasti-suck!

I'm enjoying Ultimate Fantastic Four, but I enjoy Marvel Knights 4 a little better. The writing is excellent, the art's not bad either.

I think 4 is outstanding - much better than the regular book, which is surprising to me. I am stunned by how bad the regular book has gotten all of a sudden, plus the fact that I just hate the manga-esque art.

I think 4 is outstanding - much better than the regular book, which is surprising to me. I am stunned by how bad the regular book has gotten all of a sudden, plus the fact that I just hate the manga-esque art.

I agree, after 3-4 issues of crappy, manga-esque artwork on FF, even Wieringo's return couldn't lure me back.

Replacement on Marvel Knights "4" for McNiven seems to be ok, a little too much of a McNiven clones for me to want to continue with the title.

UFF, is ok, but I've also dropped it to "wait for the trade". I still read it as it comes out, I just don't buy it for myself, I read a friend's copy.

I'm enjoying Ultimate Fantastic Four, but I enjoy Marvel Knights 4 a little better. The writing is excellent, the art's not bad either.

Totally agree on your comments about the regula seriesr. The monthly sales are really lagging and I think they need to get some big names writing and drawing that series. I should have my first copies of Marvel Knights and Ultimate shortly.

Totally agree on your comments about the regular series. The monthly sales are really lagging and I think they need to get some big names writing and drawing that series. I should have my first copies of Marvel Knights and Ultimate shortly.

Hey! They could get Bendis to write it, and called it FF Disassembled, and Thing could fly the Fantasticar into the side of the Baxter building and... what? Its been done already? Hmmm... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifinsane.gif

I'm really enjoying it at the moment, fingers crossed that Ellis will stay on the book as long as Bendis has done on Ultimate Spidey.

Would be cool if he took the 4 off out into space for some weird adventure's cloud9.gif

Plus I like Stuart Immonen's art style - Modern but not to cheesy/manga.

Why not???? Not everything has to be grim & gritty. A bit of light-heartedness doesn't hurt the comics genre and the Ultimate line "is" aimed at a younger audience than your average old flart(yes intentional mis-spelling) collector.

What is that supposed to mean? You really think that's how kids talk nowdays, and this "hip dialogue" is intended to emulate kid-speak circa 2004?

I emailed this panel to my nephew and he wrote back, essentially saying it's "what old people think kids talk like", which should give you a HUGE clue who this book is aimed at:

Old farts who want to think they're reading "hip books". That's lame.... no that's fantasti-lame.