• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zen and the art of moderation
2 2

908 posts in this topic

People always trying to get all up on my :censored: , signing their posts like me, styling their hair like me, trying to get strikes like me.....

(:

-cgcmod8

We want to be you!

-slym

I want hair implants like slym

-slum

Everyone in here now thinks they're all big and bad and stuff.

But the truth is...I used to screw guys like all of you in prison the penalty box!

Is that an implied threat??

:o :lol: (:

-slym

yes - hump that button.

-slum

Am I the only one seeing sane, reasonable, rational RMA?

Are the boards so mentally deficient that they can only bleat, "two legs bad, four legs good" regardless of the data that is right in front of their eyes?

All of the negatives posted about RMA in this thread (let's stick to this thread for the moment) have been negative "proofs" about an RMA that doesn't really exist anymore.

Is RMA perfect? Certainly not. But he is a far cry from the circus fun house mirror that many boardies would have other boardies believe he is.

And a far more rational man that deserves better than he's getting.

Thanks for having my back, OG.

But I'd like the focus..positive or negative...not to be on any individual. That's the problem. People around here can't discuss things without making every issue about the people discussing the issue, rather than the issue itself...and it is this problem that eats away at the board, which the moderation team won't address.

It's not the boobies, it's not the swear words, it's not the "PG-13" issues that are the problem.

It's the toxicity that motivates a person to make threats against someone else, regardless of the reason, the toxicity that jumps all over noobs for the most innocuous questions, the toxicity that inspires people to provoke people they don't like with snide commentary, the toxicity that allows people to openly hate one another instead of trying to resolve differences, or, at worst, not interacting with them at all.

That's the problem, that's what the mods, and the mods alone, can control, and that's what is being ignored.

But thanks for having my back. :cloud9:

You'll most likely ignore what I'm saying, but putting our past differences aside, I agree with your point.

The problem, for me at least, and I may be wrong, but when you discuss macro issues pertaining to the boards you seem to exclude yourself from the behaviors you criticize.

This isn't 2011, Mike.

I don't post for a reason.

And trying to explain the difference between inciting and responding in kind, and trying to prove who does which, would be fruitless. Both are bad, but the first IS worse than the second.

I'm all tuckered out, you have a go, Lizzie.

:ohnoez:

-slym

See you in bed ;)

-slum

But the truth is...I used to screw guys like all of you in prison the penalty box!

-slym

yes - hump that button.

-slum

That's what we used to call all the fresh meat that got sent there......."buttons".

Mods erectified.

I liked this:

2. The moderators, contrary to popular opinion, are not doing this because they love tedious thread trimming and reading moderator notifications by everyone from upstanding members of the community to lunatics. They are just trying to help the community.

Have a nice day, guys. :)

-slym

yes - hump that button.

-slum

That's what we used to call all the fresh meat that got sent there......."buttons".

Mods erectified.

Greggy would strut around in his leather thong and "accidentally" drop his bar of soap every 5 minutes. It was NOT pretty! :eek:

He still does...., :P

By the very nature that the head moderator has started a thread to discuss, or explain about moderation issues. We obviously have a problem or situation, with either the moderation actions heretofore, or, with the actions of many of us.

Or both.

The No Politics thing seems to be the biggest problem. Because just about anything and everything we discuss in the Water Cooler (or anywhere else here), is politically charged. If a comc book has a character come out of the closet, that is political. If a cover has a picture of Obama helping Spiderman fight bad guys. That is political. If the Savage Dragon punches Pres. Bush, how is that not political? If Sarah Palin is the bad gal in a comic book, how could that possibly not become a politically charged discussion? A discussion about a nuclear power plants "melt down" is political. Gun Control? Forget about it. Political 100%. How is the argument that transvestites are part of "real life" and thus should be in comic books, compare, to politics is not allowed. Isn't politics a huge part (more now than ever) of life also?

It is the "times" we live in. Everything is political. Taxes, Texas, guns, bombs, Korea's actions. Abortion. Gay marriage. Raising kids. Killing kids. Health Care. Green energy companies. Green energy companies going bankrupt. etc, etc, etc.

People will obey the rules for the most part. If they understand the rules and believe the rules are enforced evenly. Just give us consistency and fairness. Currently the enforcement of the board rules is all over the map.

I do not expect perfection. Especially by volunteers. But do not expect too much from us either. We are human and we get charged up when arguing or debating. Those with no passion and no wrist slaps or strikes, are the wall flowers and lurkers and not visiting here every day, for hours and hours.

When the moderators are also forum members, they have friends here, and those they do not like also. When we do not know who the moderators are, then we "assume" that we are a victim of bias or revenge. We may not be. But appearances count.

When I was a narc. I made literally over a thousand undercover buys of narcotics. But due to manpower requirements, I also had to assist with the search warrant executions. You know, bust down the door and enter with our guns drawn and ready. That puts an undercover person in extreme danger of being recognized during future undercover buys. I requested to wear a mask when assisting with the house "hitting" (what we called executing a search warrant). I was refused. Because it was felt that those that enforce the law, should not hide behind a mask.

That is what a moderator who is also a member of the forum does. Hides behind a mask.

Who likes being punished by a person behind a curtain? Would we accept that in a court room? Hell no we wouldn't.

An open and above board policy is best. For the law/rule enforcers. I assume that since we register here. A moderator can find out our identities. But we do not know theirs.

Am I wrong about that?

I ain't saying that I have been picked on. I deserved one of my several suspensions. I did not deserve all of them, without those that I was arguing with, also being punished. They did not and I did. Poor me. Ha Ha :)

What I am saying is that there seems to be a bit of favortism towards letting some members get away with just a little more than some others.

Even though we were all technically speeding. This site is loaded with speeders.

And I still want to know. What is a duck supposed to be? A turtle. A tree?

Edited by conditionfreak