• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zen and the art of moderation
2 2

908 posts in this topic

1464k.jpg

Having been subjected to a few years of watching RMA talk I can say that he ALWAYS kicks when he talks. Everyone's. His conversational style is about like that of a overly-excitable pitbull on crack. And that's why he has to hold himself back from talking. :eek:

If you spent as much time talking TO him as you do ABOUT him, you would know that isn't true.

:cloud9:

If you spent as much time talking TO him as you do ABOUT him, you would know that isn't true.

I've talked to him numerous times, but I don't continue talking to people who think every discussion is a debate they're uncontrollably compelled to win. I avoid a number of people in most forums for that reason. (shrug)

You say you've "given up" talking to him, suggesting it is his moral failing, not your own, yet you continue to find opportunities to talk ABOUT him.

I'm not really looking for a reply here- just making an observation.

More, talking about you, if you will.

The best part of this thread is it's bringing all of the malcontents (and white knights) scurrying out of the darkness and into the proverbial light (this thread) so that Arch can clip them off one at a time.

Zen indeed.

If the mountain will not come to Mohammed...

3tx9v0.jpg

The best part of this thread is it's bringing all of the malcontents (and white knights) scurrying out of the darkness and into the proverbial light (this thread) so that Arch can clip them off one at a time.

Zen indeed.

If the mountain will not come to Mohammed...

^^

And Fingh is hiding behind Arch... hm

I've talked to him numerous times, but I don't continue talking to people who think every discussion is a debate they're uncontrollably compelled to win. I avoid a number of people in most forums for that reason. (shrug)

:eyeroll:

:facepalm:

I don't think Arch would ever claim to be perfect in his moderation. Surprised you even went in that direction.

hm

Some of you occasionally (read: everyone who ever got a strike or warning) may deeply believe that in your case it was all about injustice. You may even have a point - like our speeder above who was not the fastest one in the pack. But you were still speeding.

meh

RMA doesn't need me to defend him, but he is my friend.

So one final thought.

Just because you (universal you; this applies to many board members) haven't grown as an individual over the last five years of your board history doesn't mean others have not. If you cannot see that RMA isn't the same poster that he was yesterday, a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, I pity you.

I sincerely, lovingly, earnestly pity you.

Most tools don't realize they're tools.

Yes, I realize some of you will find my post ironic...but will you find the irony in the irony?

lol

I like Arch.

That came through pretty clear. lol

awkward_family_pet_photos_zpsf915a23f.jpg

He was wrong when he gave my wrist slap, though. My use of sarcasm is intended to instruct, not denigrate. If Arch hadn't deleted the PM, he would have seen that.

I don't think Arch would ever claim to be perfect in his moderation. Surprised you even went in that direction.

hm

Some of you occasionally (read: everyone who ever got a strike or warning) may deeply believe that in your case it was all about injustice. You may even have a point - like our speeder above who was not the fastest one in the pack. But you were still speeding.

meh

Your tounge-in-cheek meter broken? That whole post read to me like someone trying to be firm but not overbearing and using 'humour' to do so.

YMMV I suppose

I like Arch.

That came through pretty clear. lol

awkward_family_pet_photos_zpsf915a23f.jpg

He was wrong when he gave my wrist slap, though. My use of sarcasm is intended to instruct, not denigrate. If Arch hadn't deleted the PM, he would have seen that.

lol

Most tools don't realize they're tools.

Yes, I realize some of you will find my post ironic...but will you find the irony in the irony?

lol

146jt.jpg

Just because you (universal you; this applies to many board members) haven't grown as an individual over the last five years of your board history doesn't mean others have not. If you cannot see that RMA isn't the same poster that he was yesterday, a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, I pity you.

I recently urged him to start posting again hoping that you're exactly right about him changing...and then last week he started. First thread I saw him in was a back-and-forth with Hellblazer where neither would shut up until the other relented. Most of the thread is pulled now, and I quickly realized nothing had really changed that I can tell so far. :(

I recently urged him to start posting again hoping that you're exactly right about him changing...and then last week he started. First thread I saw him in was a back-and-forth with Hellblazer where neither would shut up until the other relented. Most of the thread is pulled now, and I quickly realized nothing had really changed that I can tell so far. :(

7435_Move_Along_cutout_931.jpg

(thumbs u