• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zen and the art of moderation
2 2

908 posts in this topic

1464k.jpg

Having been subjected to a few years of watching RMA talk I can say that he ALWAYS kicks when he talks. Everyone's. His conversational style is about like that of a overly-excitable pitbull on crack. And that's why he has to hold himself back from talking. :eek:

1464k.jpg

Having been subjected to a few years of watching RMA talk I can say that he ALWAYS kicks when he talks. Everyone's. His conversational style is about like that of a overly-excitable pitbull on crack. And that's why he has to hold himself back from talking. :eek:

If you spent as much time talking TO him as you do ABOUT him, you would know that isn't true.

Someone needs to warm up the -5 for Arch. :whee:

Ha! You're lucky you haven't even gotten a wrist slap potty mouth lol

He's a dodge-and-weave'n machine.

1464k.jpg

If you spent as much time talking TO him as you do ABOUT him, you would know that isn't true.

:popcorn:

He's lucky :)

1464k.jpg

I find you tiresome. :foryou:

I'll say - I don't think he's ever been whacked, and he's the one instigating the lawlessness. He's like an evil comic-book Jimminy Cricket. But I like him just the same.

This where I would normally post that it isn't luck but skill, but in doing that I basically guarantee my own demise so I will skip it until the Eye of Arch is focused elsewhere.

Maybe so but I've never gotten beyond this phase. :whee:

12monkeysgif.gif

I think you and I can at least agree that is a criminally underated film.

I'll say - I don't think he's ever been whacked, and he's the one instigating the lawlessness. He's like an evil comic-book Jimminy Cricket. But I like him just the same.

lol

:acclaim:

I've talked to him numerous times, but I don't continue talking to people who think every discussion is a debate they're uncontrollably compelled to win. I avoid a number of people in most forums for that reason. (shrug)

Oh, I do too, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't revel in his fall from grace :grin:

The best part of this thread is it's bringing all of the malcontents (and white knights) scurrying out of the darkness and into the proverbial light (this thread) so that Arch can clip them off one at a time.

Zen indeed.

If the mountain will not come to Mohammed...

1464k.jpg

I find you tiresome. :foryou:

I'm a little surprised you find me at all (shrug) I honestly figured I was completely under your radar.

I don't think Arch would ever claim to be perfect in his moderation. Surprised you even went in that direction.

His duck hunt analogy wasn't geared towards anything other than the example Balls is referring to up there. Lots of people doing strikeable behaviour, one person getting a strike.

(shrug)

I think it's obvious you have issues with the way the Forums are moderated, but Arch has never been one to moderate based on someone disagreeing with him

I've talked to him numerous times, but I don't continue talking to people who think every discussion is a debate they're uncontrollably compelled to win. I avoid a number of people in most forums for that reason. (shrug)

I've spoken with RMA regarding some things around here twice - it was very reminiscnet of being in a darkened parking garage, having someone turn on their headlights and talk to me from behind the glare. Very X-Files, but eerily accurate.