• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20 years of Marvel Comics (1/1960 to 12/1979) COMPLETED!

151 posts in this topic

Ridiculous. And I mean that in the most awe-struck and impressed manner possible.

I've been working on one *ing run of 42 books for six years and I still need eight of the * things. They're all in grade, but still.

Magnificent. Congratulations. That's a lot of sticktoitiveness on display right there

Power Pack # 1 to 8 came out in that time...and I have them. :sick:

Had #1 to 28 years ago....bought them new when they came out....but sold them years ago on eBay as a lot. Strange tales 2nd series came out in 1987.

Early Power Pack issues were ugly, I agree. Not so much inspired writing, and the June Brigman art just did not worked.

It‘s in the mid-20s issues that the series becomes interesting, there are single issues which are small masterpieces, and the art by Jon Bogdanove is breathtaking. He was an artist coming from a children’s illustrations background, and he managed to portraid the Power children and Franklin Richards in a way no other Marvel artist has been able to do.

Issues around this one are great… ;)

Power_Pack_Vol_1_36.jpg

Sorry for the slight OT… :)

Had #1 to 28 years ago....bought them new when they came out....but sold them years ago on eBay as a lot. Strange tales 2nd series came out in 1987.

Early Power Pack issues were ugly, I agree. Not so much inspired writing, and the June Brigman art just did not worked.

It‘s in the mid-20s issues that the series becomes interesting, there are single issues which are small masterpieces, and the art by Jon Bogdanove is breathtaking. He was an artist coming from a children’s illustrations background, and he managed to portraid the Power children and Franklin Richards in a way no other Marvel artist has been able to do.

Power_Pack_Vol_1_36.jpg

No problem. Interesting take on Power Pack...I never really hear anyone talk up Power Pack. I read the 1 to 28 when they came out. Like you said not much good stuff in those issues. :popcorn:

No problem. Interesting take on Power Pack...I never really hear anyone talk up Power Pack. I read the 1 to 28 when they came out. Like you said not much good stuff in those issues. :popcorn:

Boo. I say again, boo. I was a kid when these came out, basically the same age as Alex in the comics, and I loved them at the time. I think there's a lot of great stuff in the first 20 issues in terms of the relationships between the kids. Unlike a lot of comics featuring kids as main characters, these felt like real kids to me. I only have a couple issues now, but they still hold up in my opinion as really good reading for kids.

Boo. I say again, boo. I was a kid when these came out, basically the same age as Alex in the comics, and I loved them at the time. I think there's a lot of great stuff in the first 20 issues in terms of the relationships between the kids. Unlike a lot of comics featuring kids as main characters, these felt like real kids to me. I only have a couple issues now, but they still hold up in my opinion as really good reading for kids.

Another person showing some Power Pack love. I read a lot of Marvels from that time....Power Pack never stood out to me....from that time I liked reading and kinda stood out were

Peter Parker....Amazing Spider Man....The Thing ( pretty underrated IMO) Secret Wars...G I Joe....and I was a big fan of Groo...

:insane:lol

Power_Pack_Vol_1_36.jpg

June Brigman was one NICE looking gal. Others wanted her autograph, I wanted her phone number.....to no avail, alas. Congrats on the accomplishment, brother. Certainly a small club. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Issues around this one are

June Brigman was one NICE looking gal. Others wanted her autograph, I wanted her phone number.....to no avail, alas. Congrats on the accomplishment, brother. Certainly a small club. GOD BLESS...

Thanks James!

You helped out quite a bit towards the end of my finishing this off!

2012-11-07151141.jpg[/img] :cloud9:

congrats, an amazing achievement. about how many are cgcs? what's next on your collecting horizons?

Thanks! I have like 120 cgc slabs...all the rest are raw...over 6 thousand books in total. For what's next....buy more comics.... lol

....that was a surprisingly nice AA 3 that finished it off for you. I always liked that one..... " Trapped in the Twilight World".....I've got a 5 feet long Mangrove Monitor that I named Twilight. I'm fixing to draw his bath in a few. GOD BLESS...

congrats, an amazing achievement. about how many are cgcs? what's next on your collecting horizons?

Thanks! I have like 120 cgc slabs...all the rest are raw...over 6 thousand books in total. For what's next....buy more comics.... lol

Or maybe you could organize them first.

hm

Naaaaaaaaah!

Or maybe you could organize them first.

hm

Naaaaaaaaah!

lol I have forgotten what it's like to have stuff in order. Need a bigger house to even try doing that.... :tonofbricks: