• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

would you pay 850 for the entire run of Walking dead 1st print?

117 posts in this topic

:golfclap: Congratulations!!! :golfclap:

Wow, what a buy!! Years down the road, you can talk about this deal!

:preach: "This one time years and years ago, I bought a set of Walking Dead for $1,000..... zzz

:preach: Where was I??...oh yeah, and he threw in Saga 1 - 12!

Nice Score slab the keys #1,2 19 27...Why can't I get a deal like this..Over the summer I had a kid offer me a WD #1. The owner of the LCS set up the deal i thought like $800 in cash and the guy would take the money and run. Book was like 9.2/9.4 he wanted $1500 i went to $1200 which was too much at the time and the kid walked over $300 bucks. He paid cover price for the book.. :tonofbricks:

I don't collect this title. Does everyone think this title will retain its value? Once the TV show is off the air. Will these books command the money they are now? The prices people are paying for the #1 is amazing. HOT books never seem to hold the value over the course of time. Any one remember Evil Erine #1? I still have those...are they worth anything now? Have not looked at what that's selling for some time. Used to be pretty popular.

Honestly i think WD is an exception to the rule. The popularity just keeps growing and new fans are exposed to the show and the genre in general. Even if the show dies down i would expect a movie in the not to distant future.

Market has to peak but when that is who can predict?? I have 2 copies of #1 and I am keeping them long term if they turn into stupid $$$ down the line I don't want to kick myself for selling early. I had 2 other #1s and i sold them 6 months ago for $1400 ea thought I did well fast forward 6 months not so much

Honestly i think WD is an exception to the rule. The popularity just keeps growing and new fans are exposed to the show and the genre in general. Even if the show dies down i would expect a movie in the not to distant future.

Market has to peak but when that is who can predict?? I have 2 copies of #1 and I am keeping them long term if they turn into stupid $$$ down the line I don't want to kick myself for selling early. I had 2 other #1s and i sold them 6 months ago for $1400 ea thought I did well fast forward 6 months not so much

I agree with this. The success of the TV show will likely lead to a movie, and even if it doesn't, once the series dies, people will pay big bucks to read the comics and get their "WD fix"

I have someone thats coming here and thats the lowest he would let them go..

Any concrete reselling value at that price point?

I would. Then I'd sell them afterward for more. The prices will go down soon. What's the condition?

To the original poster - you do realize that the offers you are receiving here are legit, right? I'm not sure about RMA's, but all the other ones are.

I am in a serious dilemma with this run, just like some of you guys have noted, is this going to be an even bigger book next year/years to come? someone mentioned spawn, but seriously, how many Spawn books were printed? 100ks? WD is said to have had only thousands printed? So even if it drops down in price I doubt that it would ever be a dog even generations from now. I see this book as a trend setter in the market, pretty much like TMNT, but I may be wrong.. Thoughts??

I seriously can't believe I got the entire run plus all the variants (weeklys, HC, Magazines, Shirts, Pins..) Overnight I went from having zero WD books to EVERYTHING WD!

I will post a list of all books tonight

I am in a serious dilemma with this run, just like some of you guys have noted, is this going to be an even bigger book next year/years to come? someone mentioned spawn, but seriously, how many Spawn books were printed? 100ks? WD is said to have had only thousands printed? So even if it drops down in price I doubt that it would ever be a dog even generations from now. I see this book as a trend setter in the market, pretty much like TMNT, but I may be wrong.. Thoughts??

You should start a thread about the future value of TWD books and title it something like When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?

To the original poster - you do realize that the offers you are receiving here are legit, right? I'm not sure about RMA's, but all the other ones are.

I seriously can't believe I got the entire run plus all the variants (weeklys, HC, Magazines, Shirts, Pins..) Overnight I went from having zero WD books to EVERYTHING WD!

What is the dilemma? Sell it for a profit or hold it for years anticipating a bigger profit? If you collect the book and like it, then keep it and forget about it. If you are more in it because you can make some decent coin on your purchase, then sell it at current market and forget about what it will or will not be in years to come.

What would make you feel worse? Cashing out now and sacrificing unknown potential upside or keeping it and having it be worth half of what it is now? Nobody really knows what will happen with it. To me, a ~$2000 profit sounds pretty tempting but my love for money outweighs my love for owning those particular books so take that for what it is worth.

I had a bunch I just sold myself for 250. It will fade out. The only thing that will stay consistent in comics is the old golden,silver age stuff due to how scarce they are. Walking dead is a very popular thing but the way the producers keep changing things in the show It will turn off value of the comic. If I'm you I sell high right now. Just my two cents. Low print run or not. On top of that they keep making variants of reprints of everything walking dead.

I had a bunch I just sold myself for 250. It will fade out. The only thing that will stay consistent in comics is the old golden,silver age stuff due to how scarce they are. Walking dead is a very popular thing but the way the producers keep changing things in the show It will turn off value of the comic. If I'm you I sell high right now. Just my two cents. Low print run or not. On top of that they keep making variants of reprints of everything walking dead.

There is only one real truth. Prices will remain strong only as long as there is demand for the books. This holds true with golden, silver, bronze, and modern. :sumo: