• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor-The Dark World trailer debuts

165 posts in this topic

For me, the first one was just OK. The Asgard scenes were easily the highlights. And Loki is a great villain. The cemented that with The Avengers. As we know, a hero is only as good as his villains, and TH has embraced the Loki role and created a truly awesome nemesis. I have very high hopes for this one.

The trailers look great. I hope that there is a lot of Asgard stuff in this one.

Can't wait! I bought my wife a Mjolnir to take to movies (just in case someone tries to line cut)

I took my Factory X model to the theater when I went with the kids.

My son was initially embarrassed but by the end of the night he was asking if he could hold it. Classic!

My wife and I are also ridiculously excited for this! My expectations are high.

It's great when your SO enjoys stuff like this with you (thumbs u

I took my Factory X model to the theater when I went with the kids.

My son was initially embarrassed but by the end of the night he was asking if he could hold it. Classic!

If you can't enjoy a movie with a mythological hammer, then what's the point? lol

In that last clip with Loki is he facing Kurse?

Wishful thinking.....

Thor has one of the most impressive villain cast lists in any comic, Marvel or D.C., so I'm still scratching my head about the selection of Malekith.

I'll obviously go and see this but I'm sad to say the trailers so far are pretty meh

:gossip: don't even get me started about what they did to The Destroyer, what a wasted opportunity to show something great on screen. :ohnoez:

If you can't enjoy a movie with a mythological hammer, then what's the point? lol

I got talked out of getting the family to wear the Iron Man helmet and the Cap shield as well for the Avengers.

:sorry:

I got talked out of getting the family to wear the Iron Man helmet and the Cap shield as well for the Avengers.

:sorry:

Oh come on!!

I'm going as Wasp next time just to protest!

:censored:

For me, the first one was just OK. The Asgard scenes were easily the highlights. And Loki is a great villain. The cemented that with The Avengers. As we know, a hero is only as good as his villains, and TH has embraced the Loki role and created a truly awesome nemesis. I have very high hopes for this one.

The trailers look great. I hope that there is a lot of Asgard stuff in this one.

I couldn't have said it better! hm Perhaps I should have just put "+1" Accursed internet speak. Mayhap I doth thinketh this "World Wide Web" is troll droppings. I shall smite it :makepoint: foul villain

In that last clip with Loki is he facing Kurse?

Wishful thinking.....

Thor has one of the most impressive villain cast lists in any comic, Marvel or D.C., so I'm still scratching my head about the selection of Malekith.

I'll obviously go and see this but I'm sad to say the trailers so far are pretty meh

:gossip: don't even get me started about what they did to The Destroyer, what a wasted opportunity to show something great on screen. :ohnoez:

I agree with you on the Destroyer stuff but I doubt we have seen the last of him. I still think the whole Hela vs Thor storyline would make for a great movie. I think Malekith was an easy introduction into the whole 9 worlds/Asgard stuff and they have been very good about not giving us very much in the way of teasers over the last year so I expect that there will be a lot of characters presented that may see additional exposure down the road. Will they bring Beta Ray Bill into the equation and even Surtur? I can see Odin doing an overview of the past like he did in issue #349 and maybe even a Surtur "Doom" build up at the end of this movie. :idea:

2030213-surtur_galaxy_ii_zpsa62b7372.jpg

I have am stoked about this movie I just hope that they don't squander the opportunity to make this an ongoing classic series. I think most people have pretty much reached fatique levels with the Spider-Man movies and the Avengers won't be too far behind but Thor could carry the torch for years to come.

I have am stoked about this movie I just hope that they don't squander the opportunity to make this an ongoing classic series. I think most people have pretty much reached fatique levels with the Spider-Man movies and the Avengers won't be too far behind but Thor could carry the torch for years to come.

Totally agree, if done right there are enough classic storylines to make half a dozen great films. I'm hoping the Destroyer in Thor 1 was a basic replica, because the real Destroyer is too dangerous to house in Asgard. Then, when they are facing an enemy they cannot defeat, Thor tracks down the real Destroyer and then we see some fireworks !

ps Looking into it you may be right about Kurse being in the new movie in which case my interest levels just doubled. :whee:

Totally agree, if done right there are enough classic storylines to make half a dozen great films. I'm hoping the Destroyer in Thor 1 was a basic replica, because the real Destroyer is too dangerous to house in Asgard. Then, when they are facing an enemy they cannot defeat, Thor tracks down the real Destroyer and then we see some fireworks !

ps Looking into it you may be right about Kurse being in the new movie in which case my interest levels just doubled. :whee:

Not only is Kurse slated to appear, but Benicio Del Toro will be crossing over from GOTG as the collector. :whee:

Thor the comic character had always bored me. Thor the cinematic character has been highly entertaining. I am actually looking forward to this one.