• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 Blue 1.5 on ComicConnect next month...any guesses as to the sale price?

132 posts in this topic

Would someone mind posting a link to the article you are referring to?
cgc removed the article within a few hours of posting it...there is no active link that I know of, I am afraid

cgc removed the article within a few hours of posting it...there is no active link that I know of, I am afraid
Possibly done without the owner's permission and/or someone is afraid that information will lower the price?

Possibly done without the owner's permission and/or someone is afraid that information will lower the price?
that would be my guess...but if I am comic connect, I would do the same thing!

It was available the day before it was removed. It was removed in a few hours after I informed CC. ;)

I posted the link to the article in question, and this raises a few questions of my own, does all the work done to the book affect the value or not? do we consider this book truly unrestorded ? or unrestored with an asterix******? , and why as a previous post states, was the article removed when CC was informed about it ? was a call then made to CGC to remove the article? was there an attempt to hide precious details about this book, fearing it would hurt the auction price? this smells of collusion, no matter which way you look at it.

Thanks, "chris". Interesting study here.

But I think we all know the answer to your questions. Like I said earlier, it was likely posted, possibly without the knowledge or permission of the owner. Then, when either the owner or auction house was made aware, they asked that it be pulled. Guesses at motives are just guesses. But mine would be that there is a fear that seeing the book in its prior state and knowing the work done might decrease the hammer price.

However, if I were ever going to own an Action 1, this might be the one. It looks great for a 1.5.

Thanks, "chris". Interesting study here.

But I think we all know the answer to your questions. Like I said earlier, it was likely posted, possibly without the knowledge or permission of the owner. Then, when either the owner or auction house was made aware, they asked that it be pulled. Guesses at motives are just guesses. But mine would be that there is a fear that seeing the book in its prior state and knowing the work done might decrease the hammer price.

However, if I were ever going to own an Action 1, this might be the one. It looks great for a 1.5.

People would not be concerned about information like this being out there if it were the norm. And it should be the norm.

If every book that was pressed or cleaned or restored or taped or repaired or color touched were researchable in before and after pics, then people would gravitate more toward the ones that had less alterations of whatever sort they didn't like. A piece added would impact the value less if it is were smaller, or didn't require color (or just one color), and more if it meant literally recreating Superman's head.

The more such info became the norm, ultimately it would not be necessary at all for a grading company to attempt to define which alterations were acceptable or not acceptable based on the intent of a previous owner. It would all come down to what the book was like in its original state and what it looks like now, and how much was done (or not done) to get it into the state its in now.

Shouldn't it be noted on the slab label that there are tears on multiple pages? I would not have known that if not for that article. Rick is right, this is a weak 1.5, and seems more like a 1.0 or 0.5. If it was any other book, it would probably not have graded this high.