• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkhawk first real appearance?

42 posts in this topic

I'm a big fan of darkhawk for unknown reasons and going thu my old collection when I seen a copy of marvel age 97 which came out one month before darkhawk #1. I know Marvel Age wasn't an official comic but did include a 5 page preview of darkhawk, and it's the size of a comic, smells like a comic, published by Marvel. Seems like this would be his first appearance.

I'm a big fan of darkhawk for unknown reasons and going thu my old collection when I seen a copy of marvel age 97 which came out one month before darkhawk #1. I know Marvel Age wasn't an official comic but did include a 5 page preview of darkhawk, and it's the size of a comic, smells like a comic, published by Marvel. Seems like this would be his first appearance.

Nope. No one really plays that game. It's kind of like those in house ads for upcoming books like Action Comics 1. Cool but not the first appearance.

Last story in AF15... whenever anyone is shocked to hear that Spider-man was simply the main story with other stories supporting it, they always ask, "Who else was in the book."

Darkhawk...

It's worth gazillions.

I hear Diamond Comics Previews had a shot of the cover TWO MONTHS before the book hit the stands!! :ohnoez:

Last story in AF15... whenever anyone is shocked to hear that Spider-man was simply the main story with other stories supporting it, they always ask, "Who else was in the book."

Darkhawk...

It's worth gazillions.

I thought there was a Timely with Darkhawk fighting Hitler somewhere...

hm

-slym

I hear Diamond Comics Previews had a shot of the cover TWO MONTHS before the book hit the stands!! :ohnoez:

18w7a.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Darkhawk...

It's worth gazillions.

hm

-slym

That is true. Golden Age Darkhawk fought the Nazis but should be distinguished as being separate from the silver age and modern incarnation. This is sort of like the distinction between the two Human Torches

There is a mention of Darkhawk on some ancient cave paintings located around the Central European area dating back to over 8,000 years ago but that is another character altogether.

Strangely enough I have one of those caves signed by Stan Lee and the entrance is covered by a yellow label witnessed by CGC.

Sweet! I love this site. It's a place where us comic book nerds can become the bullies. Let me join in on the fun too....The first appearance of darkhawk was on 1dingos moms printed panties .

Darkhawk...

It's worth gazillions.

hm

That is true. Golden Age Darkhawk fought the Nazis but should be distinguished as being separate from the silver age and modern incarnation. This is sort of like the distinction between the two Human Torches

There is a mention of Darkhawk on some ancient cave paintings located around the Central European area dating back to over 8,000 years ago but that is another character altogether.

Strangely enough I have one of those caves signed by Stan Lee and the entrance is covered by a yellow label witnessed by CGC.

Does it have a large roach/spider covering up some of the artwork on the walls?

-slym

Darkhawk rules, you putzes!!

I made this for you to use, as a shortcut, whenever the need arises. :grin:

1921b.jpg

If the Tick's first appearance can be in the NEC newsletter, dunno why darkhawk's can't be in marvel age

I would guess the "In Comics" part matters, because it's comic collecting not newsletter collecting. lol

1stTick_zps4e554613.jpg