• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Ebay Last Straw

65 posts in this topic

I recently dealt with this same buyer, almost exact same circumstances. The item was shipped to one-

TAMI BOHNE (or Kathy)

4425 Valley Dr

BISMARCK ND 58503-8828

Though that's probably a relative or something. Their email address is- ptcmall@hotmail.com

and phone number-

(701) 527-5312

I sold the buyer a used but very good condition GameCube in box with game for around $110. Buyer contacted me days later to say the item was not as described, was not the same one pictured in my listing, all scratched, and would like to return for refund. I replied that they were free to compare the serial number to the one in the listing as I did photograph it for this very reason.

Buyer never responded, returned item. I reported buyer to ebay (as everyone who deals with this scumbag from now on should). Ebay did refund the payment to the buyer, but they paid for it, and did not take the money from my account. The buyer's feedback is set to private, which I'm sure is because a great many sellers have put comments about the buyer stealing from them.

Anyone who deals with this piece of needs to report the buyer to ebay immediately so that there is an ongoing record of the issues. Eventually he/she will be kicked off of ebay for good.

A mail fraud conviction is what they need. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

New to the boards!

I'm in a VERY interesting situation at the moment. Just sold a Gamecube on eBay this evening to a individual with the username hunteralex2. I saw that his/her account had a 0 feedback score (this is what showed up in my eBay app) so I did a little investigating. I saw that this person person has his/her feedback set to private, which was a little fishy to me. To be honest, I've been selling for 7+ years and I don't think I've ever seen a user with feedback set to private. In any case, when I clicked on the user's name, I noticed that the feedback he/she did have were pretty significant, numbers-wise (which is normally a good sign, no?):

1 month 6 months 12 months

Positive feedback rating Positive 39 231 346

I then googled "hunteralex2". Low and behold the first link in my search results was this thread!

Here's my listing for proof (hope it's ok to post this here): http://www.ebay.com/itm/251311920637?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

So now, what can I do to avoid getting ripped off here?? I haven't shipped anything yet. I don't want to ship my mint GameCube console to this person and then go through the same situation that the original poster went through (thank you btw for informing the public on this, my friend!). Can I cancel the transaction based on the information in this thread? If I do that, won't hunteralex2 then be able to leave me negative feedback??

Help! Seeking advice from some seasoned eBay veterans! Thank you in advance :)

New to the boards!

I'm in a VERY interesting situation at the moment. Just sold a Gamecube on eBay this evening to a individual with the username hunteralex2. I saw that his/her account had a 0 feedback score (this is what showed up in my eBay app) so I did a little investigating. I saw that this person person has his/her feedback set to private, which was a little fishy to me. To be honest, I've been selling for 7+ years and I don't think I've ever seen a user with feedback set to private. In any case, when I clicked on the user's name, I noticed that the feedback he/she did have were pretty significant, numbers-wise (which is normally a good sign, no?):

1 month 6 months 12 months

Positive feedback rating Positive 39 231 346

I then googled "hunteralex2". Low and behold the first link in my search results was this thread!

Here's my listing for proof (hope it's ok to post this here): http://www.ebay.com/itm/251311920637?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

So now, what can I do to avoid getting ripped off here?? I haven't shipped anything yet. I don't want to ship my mint GameCube console to this person and then go through the same situation that the original poster went through (thank you btw for informing the public on this, my friend!). Can I cancel the transaction based on the information in this thread? If I do that, won't hunteralex2 then be able to leave me negative feedback??

Help! Seeking advice from some seasoned eBay veterans! Thank you in advance :)

DONT SHIP THE ITEM

Thank you for the advice.

He hasn't paid yet, so I'd like to handle this asap. Just sent him a message letting him know that I'd like to cancel the transaction. He responded "why."

Tell him you can't locate the item, so he signs off on the mutual cancelled transaction. Then block him as a bidder, then relist your item in a few days once you "find it".

If you google the eBay username this person has been doing this since at least 2009. There's a complaint on a gaming forum of them switching a game.

I also found a pinterest account with someone with the same username, her full name is listed on there with a picture. It's not the name that was provided. There's also a online gaming site with the same username, this one has a female icon on it. Evidence indicates this is a female doing this.

People are predictable, they usually use the same username on different websites accounts. I would investigate this further, contact the scam artist with the information you found, and tell them your contacting their local police and postmaster for mail fraud.

I responded honestly and let the buyer know that I was alerted by other eBay sellers that he/she purchased GameCube consoles in the past and tried to return a completely different console (one that was broken/defective/damaged). I also inquired why his/her feedback was set to private (out of curiosity). No response from the buyer.

I submitted a cancellation request and have yet to hear back from the buyer.

Would it help to list the serial # for the item in the description on fee bay so there's always a reference and proof. (shrug)

I think that's a great idea! And I'll definitely have the serial number pictured in my next listing.

He hasn't paid yet, so I'd like to handle this asap. Just sent him a message letting him know that I'd like to cancel the transaction. He responded "why."

Two choices:

1) reply with a made up story - you dropped and smashed it this morning, so it's no longer available

2) reply and say "because you're a scammer, m***********".

While you still can, change your shipping price to something so stupid he won't pay. If he pays he can leave negative feedback. Than send him a cancel transaction making up an excuse, "I don't ship to your location, I ran out of stock, my cat peed on my last copy doh!"

If this happened to me, I have the guys address, I would be taking a little road trip to this person's house and tell them how I really feel about getting played like a fool..just my opinion.

OP sorry about your experience.

I think I am the only buyer to file a claim on a seller and Ebay actually sided with the seller even though the USPS delivery clearly stated it was delivered to the WRONG ZIP CODE. How am I supposed to know if the shipping label was correct?