• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four reboot is already screwed up...

1,093 posts in this topic

I would see a Shadowman movie in a heartbeat.

I have a good feeling Valiant has things in the works. But this crew seems to move at a wise pace, and I have to respect that.

Which version? VALIANT, or Valiant?

:lol:

-slym (yes folks, there is a difference)

:eyeroll:

Either one. The characters of Shadowman and Aric Dacia may fare better than Bloodshot and Harbinger as the latter two might be seen cinema wise as an imitation of Captain America and the X-Men respectively.

It isn't "my" stance though.

VALIANT was the first one, that ran through the 1990s, and then died.

Valiant is the new one, barely a year old, and it does have some differences.

That is all I was getting at.

???

-slym

Either one. The characters of Shadowman and Aric Dacia may fare better than Bloodshot and Harbinger as the latter two might be seen cinema wise as an imitation of Captain America and the X-Men respectively.

If someone is cast in the role of Master Darque that can really nail his spirit and determination, we will have a winner on our hands.

sh5a.jpg

Good point about the other characters. But I so want to see them all done right in film.

???

-slym

I shouldn't have teased you like that, Slym.

:foryou:

I know your Valiant roots run deep. And maybe your VALIANT roots, too.

:grin:

Even though the person inside is TOTALLY different, I think a lot of people would think X-O is an Iron Man ripoff. There was some movie a few years back about teenagers with powers and more than a few people compared it to Harbinger as it was, so...

:eek:

Shadowman would be a good product to use, with voodoo and New Orleans and Master Darque, and using the later versions could introduce Deadside, great for CGI graphics and such.

-slym

???

I shouldn't have teased you like that, Slym.

:foryou:

I know your Valiant roots run deep. And maybe your VALIANT roots, too.

:grin:

Yeah, it was difficult to tell you were teasing.

-slym

I'm okay with an Oriental Spider-Man, an African-American Captain America, an Indian Hulk or an Arab Iron Man. As long as the movies deliver, and do all they can to make the stories follow something of the original material, then the right decisions have been made.

This is the point I was trying to make. Everything you just suggested is NOT "following something of the original material." Why even have the movies based on a property if you're going to deviate from it?

The Avengers was beyond reproach and perfect because it stayed pretty much spot on to the comics.

Racism? Please, people. Give me a break.

Peace,

Chip

So race is the deal breaker if everything else relates to the original material? I think you have blinders on, and may be missing the point. Someone may have the ability to deliver these characters better than any other actor out there, yet not be caucasian. Why let that get in the way if a winning movie can come from the change?

(shrug)

And I am not assuming just because you are against the race change you are a racist. It just may be a stance that limits a studio's ability to deliver.

In general I want the movies to be as true to the original characters as possible. Much as I don't like modern comics rejigging characters I grew up with, I don't like it when movies studios do the same. Sexual orientation, hair and skin color, height, powers, personality,, whatever, the characters are more believable to me if they look and act like the characters I grew up with.

God help us if Marvel studios think they'll sell more tickets if the Hulk is pink.

In general I want the movies to be as true to the original characters as possible. Much as I don't like modern comics rejigging characters I grew up with, I don't like it when movies studios do the same. Sexual orientation, hair and skin color, height, powers, personality,, whatever, the characters are more believable to me if they look and act like the characters I grew up with.

God help us if Marvel studios think they'll sell more tickets if the Hulk is pink.

Oh, I'm sure they won't go that far.

how_superheroes_and_other_things_would_look_like_if_women-thumbnail.jpg

I'm okay with an Oriental Spider-Man, an African-American Captain America, an Indian Hulk or an Arab Iron Man. As long as the movies deliver, and do all they can to make the stories follow something of the original material, then the right decisions have been made.

This is the point I was trying to make. Everything you just suggested is NOT "following something of the original material." Why even have the movies based on a property if you're going to deviate from it?

The Avengers was beyond reproach and perfect because it stayed pretty much spot on to the comics.

Racism? Please, people. Give me a break.

Peace,

Chip

I entirely agree, and this goes beyond the fact I generally don’t like movies based on comics. That was, in fact, what I was trying to articulate, but it seems there is little desire to put authenticity in focus.

Besides this, so called "sexual orientation" is entirely another matter, which would open an entire new chapter, as it is a very misleading concept.

So I'm confused. Is the Fantastic Four reboot screwed up or not?

No.

Ha! What gives you any hope the reboot will be any better than the previous two movies?