• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four reboot is already screwed up...

1,093 posts in this topic

He could be an adopted brother of Sue Storm.

Or different fathers.

lol

Or different mothers

Or different fathers.

[font:Book Antiqua]Are you implying that Ms. Storm is a Widow, a divorce, a single mother, a married woman cheating,

or just contracted jungle fever...?[/font]

(shrug)

...by casting a black Human Torch.

Honestly, just let the rights go back to Marvel...PLEASE.

The day after they announce Mark Millar being hired to oversee the Marvel properties at Fox they announce this mess. Ridiculous. He's doing a bang-up job right outta the gate! doh!

The FF is my favorite comic of all time, and they keep screwing it up film-wise.

Mo-rons.

Peace,

Chip

not-sure-if-racist-or-joking.jpg[/url]

There will never, ever, be an FF film done right. Ever never. :P

The first two were aimed exclusively at children. I just don't see how they could refit the franchise for a more mature audience.

I guess adherence to the source material isn't all that important. That said, why just have four members in the team? Why stop there???

Fantastic-Four......ty. :shrug:

Honestly, it doesn't matter as long as its good

You could just as easily say they were cramming a lack of diversity down our throats when the characters were created.

Things change and we should be willing to change with them as long as its for the best

The first two were aimed exclusively at children. I just don't see how they could refit the franchise for a more mature audience.

Be true to the characters and stories, just like with the successful Marvel films; I think it could be done, but am not holding my breath.

That isn't really the Fantastic Four then is it?

As long as Sue Storm is the right height this movie will rock.

:baiting:

I feel like we have had this discussion before. These heroes are fictional characters. As someone just mentioned if a good actor, regardless of color, can bring our heroes to life in a way that works why wouldn't we be happy?

I imagine if Leonardo DiCaprio were cast as the Black Panther people wouldn't be thrilled.

This is a stupid argument. It does matter and there's no good reason to change it.

...by casting a black Human Torch.

Honestly, just let the rights go back to Marvel...PLEASE.

The day after they announce Mark Millar being hired to oversee the Marvel properties at Fox they announce this mess. Ridiculous. He's doing a bang-up job right outta the gate! doh!

The FF is my favorite comic of all time, and they keep screwing it up film-wise.

Mo-rons.

Peace,

Chip

not-sure-if-racist-or-joking.jpg[/url]

Why does it have to be either / or? I was against MCD playing the Kingpin and I'm againt Jamie Foxx playing Electro...just like I would be against it if Bruce Willis had been cast as Shaft.

I guess adherence to the source material isn't all that important. That said, why just have four members in the team? Why stop there???

You could just as easily say they were cramming a lack of diversity down our throats when the characters were created.

Things change and we should be willing to change with them as long as its for the best

Really? Was it a good idea to cast Will Smith as James West?

I'm all for change and innovation. My point was that the inflexibility of the source material meant that if you alter it and tweak it a bit too much, it ceases being relevant to it. Change isn't necessarily always for the best.

And I doubt that Lee and Kirby's agenda was to enforce "a lack of diversity" into the minds of their readership.

That said, I liked MCD's turn as the Kingpin.

Be true to the characters and stories, just like with the successful Marvel films; I think it could be done, but am not holding my breath.

The best stuff from that era was written to the understanding of children, but layered enough so that adults could enjoy it as well. If they do that and play it straight I don't see why it couldn't be successful (shrug)