• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek Into Darkness

383 posts in this topic

I'll probably catch it again before it leaves the theater, but it wont be IMAX 3D the second time.

The new Superman trailer they showed was full of new stuff...hope they are saving something for in the theater on that one.

Elysium looked pretty great. MATT DAYYYMONN...

So far this summer:

Oblivion>StarTrek>IronMan3

Up next Fast 6

Really enjoyed it. Thought it wasn't quite as good as the first but still pretty damn good. Rotten tomatoes gave the first Star Trek movie a 95% like and this seemed to have settled around 89%. So that's saying something. Definitely a must see for trek fans. (thumbs u

I enjoyed it. I actually preferred new Kahn to old one. Thought overall that it was a solid movie. If Jar Jar was trying to make it so much like/similar to the Wrath of Kahn then I got mad about the quotes that he skipped out on. That movie has 3-5 memorable quotes, and Abrams hit .200. Oh well.

because it's Thursday, and Thursday is boner night.

:roflmao:

"and your mission is 'screw around in space until you find something awesome, then try to make friends with it.' "

180916.jpg

"As long as you stay in this general area, you're doing your job."

lol

Very funny stuff.

Also points out one of the most ludicrous aspects from the first Abrams' "masterpiece." When Kirk, fresh from the academy, gets appointed first officer, and then captain of the flagship, within days, I was stunned.

That's just horrible writing from any point of view.

Abrams seems to go out of his way to make sure everybody knows that he never liked Star Trek, that it was too intellectual for his poor, distressed brain, and that his five year mission was to dumb it down for like-minded imbeciles.

Mission accomplished.

Very funny stuff.

Also points out one of the most ludicrous aspects from the first Abrams' "masterpiece." When Kirk, fresh from the academy, gets appointed first officer, and then captain of the flagship, within days, I was stunned.

That's just horrible writing from any point of view.

Abrams seems to go out of his way to make sure everybody knows that he never liked Star Trek, that it was too intellectual for his poor, distressed brain, and that his five year mission was to dumb it down for like-minded imbeciles.

Mission accomplished.

I wouldn't go that far. But I did notice how far both movies are from the tv series. I watch a lot of next gen, voyager and deep space nine. Nearly every episode is an allegory for some political/social/philosophical dilemma in real life that has a considered take on the issue. This was really lacking in the movie.

I still enjoyed it and thought it was a strong movie.

Saw this last night with my kids and we four LOVED it.

SO much better than IM3.

(thumbs u :applause:

My same reaction when I read your post, Bill. Your opinion of this property matters to me.

:applause: