• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Guess on the Round 4 Book is....

28 posts in this topic

gossip.gifI heard it was okay to post your grade as long as it wasn't in the 'Round 4' thread.

Yep, and even so, I think since Red broke the original "disqualification rule" with no punishment, that each team should ethically get the same treatment.

Let's say Ares comes home drunk as a shunk (big change) and posts a grade by accident, then his "Red Freebie" is used up.

gossip.gifI heard it was okay to post your grade as long as it wasn't in the 'Round 4' thread.

Yep, and even so, I think since Red broke the original "disqualification rule" with no punishment, that each team should ethically get the same treatment.

Let's say Ares comes home drunk as a shunk (big change) and posts a grade by accident, then his "Red Freebie" is used up.

I didn't see an official amendment to the rules regarding the Red Freebie Caveat 27_laughing.gif, but you'll notice UV's update to the grading rules now makes it out of bounds to post a grade in any grade contest related thread prior to the grading deadline, not just in the book's thread....

I didn't see an official amendment to the rules regarding the Red Freebie Caveat 27_laughing.gif, but you'll notice UV's update to the grading rules now makes it out of bounds to post a grade in any grade related thread prior to the grading deadline, not just in the book's thread....

Hey, if I get all hopped up on goofballs and erroneously post a grade, a la Red, and get deducted a point when he got a slap on the wrist.... well let's just say you don't want to around these here parts.

There's nothing I detest more than two sets of standards...

I didn't see an official amendment to the rules regarding the Red Freebie Caveat 27_laughing.gif, but you'll notice UV's update to the grading rules now makes it out of bounds to post a grade in any grade related thread prior to the grading deadline, not just in the book's thread....

Hey, if I get all hopped up on goofballs and erroneously post a grade, a la Red, and get deducted a point when he got a slap on the wrist.... well let's just say you don't want to around these here parts.

Joe, I'm crying here at work trying not to laugh out loud at this post. what are goofballs and how are you getting hopped up on them? next time you're hopped up on goofballs please start a thread to commemorate the event! 893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Joe, I'm crying here at work trying not to laugh out loud at this post. what are goofballs and how are you getting hopped up on them? next time you're hopped up on goofballs please start a thread to commemorate the event! 893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

893frustrated.gif Is this why people look at me funny when I talk about getting hopped up on goofballs?!?!? Does no one appreciate the classics anymore?!?!

(And where the hell did "hopped up on goofballs" come from, anyway?)

(And where the hell did "hopped up on goofballs" come from, anyway?)

Who knows, but I got it from The Simpsons, when Chief Wiggum says it to Marge.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

It seems like it's an old "Hank Hill-ism" too, from the Beavis & Butt-head days, perhaps? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hopped up on goofballs was a term from the 60's.

'Hopped' was initially an expression used to refer to someone who used opiates

(a hophead) but gradually came to be used to refer to anyone who was

high on an illegal drug.

Goof balls were barbiturates but eventually referred to any mind-altering drugs.

high on an illegal drug.

Goof balls were barbiturates but eventually referred to any mind-altering drugs.

see, now that's the kind of hard information these boards can impart on a body. although i guess i could've just asked ChuckR....

see, now that's the kind of hard information these boards can impart on a body. although i guess i could've just asked ChuckR....

Well, the drugs/barbituates and "hopped up" parts are common knowledge, but I assumed it was a catch-phrase from sometime in the 60's, and had no idea who started it.

Kinda like "Keep on Truckin'".. confused-smiley-013.gif

Lower than a 10.0, higher than a .5 tongue.gif

Lower than a 10.0? Damn, Ill have to inform my team about that! foreheadslap.gif

high on an illegal drug.

you know WAY too much dude.............. devil.gif