• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Imbibing alcohol and surfing comic dealer sites...

42 posts in this topic

[font:Comic Sans MS]Have you ever done this? ...OK, I know this sounds like a thread suited to General, but in theory this should be even more applicable to supposedly mature, discriminating GA collectors. (*hic!*)

Hey, I'll admit it, I've done this. :sumo:

In fact, I just bought a comic while seriously bollocksed with absolutely no regrets. Well, maybe I'll have a few tomorrow when I look at this thread and see folks giggling about it. :blush:

No, I won't say what I bought or where, ...not yet. (tsk)

But I'll provide a hint.

Let's see, ... hm >>> ...>>> :idea: >>> ...Ah, Thomas Dolby would've approved! ;)

In case you're wondering, I write like this way sober or inebry, ...ineb, ...drunk. So there![/font] :insane:

[font:Times New Roman]OK, now it's your turn.

Have YOU ever purchased comics while intoxicated?

If so, what exactly did you buy (assuming you can recall - hee, hee! :grin: ) ?

And finally, were you pleased with your selection or wondering "What was I thinking?"[/font]

One thing is clear - endorphins are addictive. I have many times purchased books while I felt immortal, only for the CC bills to remind me otherwise. My rationale is that I get to keep the books I really want - but I don't really know how much I want 'em until I own 'em!

Hic.

[font:Comic Sans MS]

But I'll provide a hint.

Let's see, ... hm >>> ...>>> :idea: >>> ...Ah, Thomas Dolby would've approved! ;)

You were blinded by a copy of Weird Science? hm

Usually comics and alcohol do not mix for me unless I am just looking at them... which tends to happen late night at Hero's Con...

I am asked to grade stuff a lot of times and if I am drunk my strict grading goes to current CGC standards.

:roflmao:

Usually comics and alcohol do not mix for me unless I am just looking at them... which tends to happen late night at Hero's Con...

I am asked to grade stuff a lot of times and if I am drunk my strict grading goes to current CGC standards.

:roflmao:

lol

But I'll provide a hint.

Let's see, ... hm>>> ...>>> :idea:>>> ...Ah, Thomas Dolby would've approved! ;)

:roflmao: [font:Times New Roman]My friend, you're darn close, but no cigar! Right song, wrong comic. I'll say no more (for now).[/font] (thumbs u

:cry: >>> (Now, ...where do I recall reading Kinky Friedman's recipe for a hangover?) >>> hm

But I'll provide a hint.

:roflmao: [font:Times New Roman]My friend, you're darn close, but no cigar! Right song, wrong comic. I'll say no more (for now).[/font] (thumbs u

:cry: >>> (Now, ...where do I recall reading Kinky Friedman's recipe for a hangover?) >>> hm

Incredible Science Fiction? hm

But I'll provide a hint.

[font:Times New Roman]Nope! [/font] lol

But I'll provide a hint.

OFGS! You are such a tease!

But I'll provide a hint.

[font:Times New Roman]Yeah, my wife says that too. Folks who've known me awhile know better. [/font] :devil:

But I'll provide a hint.

[font:Times New Roman]Yeah, my wife says that too. Folks who've known me awhile know better. [/font] :devil:

See you at Comicpalooza - we'll put that to the test!

I've done this a bunch of times. What's funny is that sometimes I'll forget that I bought anything and then I'm surprised when it shows up at my door. Usually I don't regret it at all. Once or twice I've bought something that I already had though. doh!

Better question.... what are you drinking (now, or last night, or your preference)???

Me? Sapphire gin martini's & / or beer, usually a good IPA. (thumbs u

But I'll provide a hint.

See you at Comicpalooza - we'll put that to the test!

(worship)

[font:Times New Roman]Friends flying in from the UK. Now that's worth celebrating![/font] smiley-eatdrink007.gif