• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

Thread Bump. I was able to pick this up on CC tonight. A special thanks goes out to GoldenPRGuy (Andrew) for supplying a lot of Archie wisdom along the way in my quest to pick up a copy of Archie #2.

:applause:

Thanks Andrew. Between losing the recent ebay and HA auctions, I wasn't going to let this one slip away no matter what.

I posted this in the other Archie thread, but since it's a #9 I'll gladly post it here as well! Seems restored is the affordable way to go on some of these early issues!

Archie09_zpse68yxts6.jpg

I almost bid on this copy. Great pickup.

I picked these up so far this year. The most remarkable thing? All of them have the covers attached. :headbang: Although one of the 4's is probably only because of the tape...

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

I recognize a couple of those...... sad to see them leave my collection, but congrats on getting some nice Archies. I like that #3

You may want to remove the pic of the Voldemort #4 or the Mods might get angry

Edited by gadzukes

Anyone else see that raw incomplete Archie 1 on ebay?

"Fresh from an estate in central Kansas"

I couldn't resist and made an offer to the guy.

He accepted my offer so I am now the proud owner of my 3rd Archie 1 (yes, I guess I'm a hoarder), 2 of which are missing the middle 3 wraps (as if 1 set of middle wraps wasn't hard enough to find in the wild, now I have to find 2 sets of middle wraps).

I was going to skip putting in an offer, but the cover looked really nice to me (better than both of my current covers), so I gave the guy a lowish offer and he went for it.

Please please please someone find a coverless copy for me, or atleast some scans of the 3 inner wraps (I should have made scans of my complete copy before I sent it to Kenny for resto)

I will post photos when I get the comic.

Anyone else see that raw incomplete Archie 1 on ebay?

"Fresh from an estate in central Kansas"

I couldn't resist and made an offer to the guy.

He accepted my offer so I am now the proud owner of my 3rd Archie 1 (yes, I guess I'm a hoarder), 2 of which are missing the middle 3 wraps (as if 1 set of middle wraps wasn't hard enough to find in the wild, now I have to find 2 sets of middle wraps).

I was going to skip putting in an offer, but the cover looked really nice to me (better than both of my current covers), so I gave the guy a lowish offer and he went for it.

Please please please someone find a coverless copy for me, or atleast some scans of the 3 inner wraps (I should have made scans of my complete copy before I sent it to Kenny for resto)

I will post photos when I get the comic.

Nicely done, Todd! Needless to say, we were all watching it. I never stopped looking for the first set for you so I'll just stay the course. Three A1's! Now you're a bigger hoarder than me.