• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best comic book inspired movie...

60 posts in this topic

I was thinking about this earlier and wanted to know peoples thoughts on their favorite comic book inspired movie, not a comic book movie like The Dark Knight or X-Men

But like Mallrats or Ghost World. Or even the comic con documentary.

Thanks

I have never seen any, so I can’t be of help (but I did not like "Clerks", from the same director of "Mallrats").

I don't understand how anyone can not like Clerks. :screwy:

i liked the Morgan Spurlock documentary, mainly the part that focus on the artists.

Agreed I really liked the doc, I hope they revisit and follow some more people or follow a different con

I really liked the documentary Tales from the Crypt: From Comic Books to Television. Great history of the pre-code period, and the DVD has an extra disc with interviews with EC creators, fans like Russ Cochran and Grant Geisman, and creative people who were inspired by EC like George Romero and John Carpenter.

I really liked Road To Perdition.

I was about to mention this. I've never read the comic, but really enjoyed the movie.

^^

But that is actually based on the comic book / graphic novel, not merely inspired, correct?

I agree it's the best comic book adaptation to film.

I was thinking about this earlier and wanted to know peoples thoughts on their favorite comic book inspired movie, not a comic book movie like The Dark Knight or X-Men

Thanks

But Ghost World is based on a graphic novel (which first appeared as individual stories in Eightball). How is that a comic book inspired movie and not a comic book movie?

Thanks

But Ghost World is based on a graphic novel (which first appeared as individual stories in Eightball). How is that a comic book inspired movie and not a comic book movie?

You are correct that is my mistake, for some reason i forgot ghost world was originally a comic... my first gut reaction was to talk about non big name comic book movies i guess but you are right ghost world would not be in the discussion.

Thanks everyone for contributing!