• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Star Trek #1

20 posts in this topic

Thinking about sending this book in. Looking for some opinions. My thoughts are around 6.5/7.0.......but I've been off the mark lately.

Obvious issues:

- Top and bottom folded corners.

- Scuff beside Spock's ear.

- Spine stresses.

Thanks in advance.

photo StarTrek1F.jpeg

photo StarTrek1B.jpeg

A board member advised me of this on my PGM Star Trek #2

"OSPG has been wrong for years and refuses to change it. The rare version (same for #1) is the one with ads, in fact no one I know has ever seen one with the ads. I've seen hundreds with the photo bc."

So, that could explain it...I was just going by what OSPG stated. Learn something new every day in this crazy hobby!

Its a lovely book, I have a few copies but nothing like an 8.0.

Just to add something to the discussion of the back cover variant version of this book.

Where a lot of confusion exists is that everyone assumes the Pin up photo of Kirk on the back cover is what is meant by back cover variant.

In fact it is the inside of the back cover that is different, the outer back cover is the same for all issues.

One has ads on the inside back cover and one has photos.

I think the one with the ads is the rarer of the 2.

I dont have a one with ads, but here are a few of the photo version.

Incidentally, #2 & #3 have outer back cover photo and ad versions, just to add more confusion.

I hope this helps someone as I was looking for the wrong thing for years :insane:

Not this

P7050002.jpg

But this

P7050001.jpg