• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seduction of the Innocent 1954 FIRST PRINT NEAR MINT

61 posts in this topic

This thread kicks .

I love the Steve Canyon piece, the size of it is sheer awesome. I'd never sell it, I'd frame that thing up and hang it in my dining room where people could feel the icy stare of the giant head watching them eat.

This thread kicks .

I love the Steve Canyon piece, the size of it is sheer awesome. I'd never sell it, I'd frame that thing up and hang it in my dining room where people could feel the icy stare of the giant head watching them eat.

I would do the same thing ! lol

Don't know who was doubting the man... but no one can ever doubt that Jimmy doesn't have primo stuff now :headbang:

I might be like my main meatball snookie and throw this on ebay.

thinking.

No Probs

No Hos

One book

I don't know about grading books but this book is missing the dust jacket. Aside from that, I've never seen such a beautiful copy. I think I've seen three in person total.

This is not a library copy.

$1700 Shipped US or Canada.

I really want $1500 cash for this book but if I have to go through paypal I have to add more stuff.

photo1-8_zps2d427055.jpg

photo2-8_zps4fd648be.jpg

photo3-6_zpsdf585866.jpg

My record player isn't working.

I bought these today so I will offer them here or I am giving them to a friend of mine.

$10 each shipped US / Canada.

Item 1

Book and record set 26

Star Trek - THE CRIER IN EMPTINESS WITH RECORD!

IMG_0025_zps3cedc5f1.jpg

IMG_0026-2_zps9aeeb6cc.jpg

IMG_0024-1_zpsd48d3991.jpg

I don't know if the record works, again, my record player isn't working

Item 2

Book and record set 25

Star Trek Passage to Moauv

IMG_0022_zpsacb0d84c.jpg

IMG_0023_zpsec36b4bb.jpg

photo2-8_zps8ec1bc2f.jpg

photo1-8_zps275fc48a.jpg

Someone drew red eyes on a few pages. which is hilarious, but reminds me of my ASM 129 - also this book includes record, I just didn't scan it.

Milton Caniff - Steve Canyon

$100,000 - delivery possible

The library of The Ohio State University (Caniff's alma mater) houses the world's largest academic research-oriented collection of comic strips (it's now called the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum) - here's THE LINK . The foundation of this museum is the "Caniff Collection," which is basically the motherload of all things Caniff. I'm sure the curator of this particular museum would be highly interested...perhaps they could authenticate, in exchange for you "loaning" the painting to them for short-term display. Heck, they would probably even pay to ship it back and forth....can you imagine it sitting in their museum with a placard that reads something like...."On loan from the personal collection of Jimmy Linguiniii" :cool:

The library of The Ohio State University (Caniff's alma mater) houses the world's largest academic research-oriented collection of comic strips (it's now called the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum) - here's THE LINK . The foundation of this museum is the "Caniff Collection," which is basically the motherload of all things Caniff. I'm sure the curator of this particular museum would be highly interested...perhaps they could authenticate, in exchange for you "loaning" the painting to them for short-term display. Heck, they would probably even pay to ship it back and forth....can you imagine it sitting in their museum with a placard that reads something like...."On loan from the personal collection of Jimmy Linguiniii" :cool:

That would be the spoon

Thanks for the link!

I am going to contact the museum, however, I am very reluctant to let this piece leave my possession.

Thanks for the link!

I am going to contact the museum, however, I am very reluctant to let this piece leave my possession.

I would be too, its a great piece (worship)(worship)(worship)

As a side note. Here where I reside, is the home town of Milton Caniff. There is a sign on the front of our library stating such.

Yet, the library does not have any of his work in their collection (that I can find). Which I find strange and disappointing. I wonder if he has any family still living in this town. hmmm....I will check the phone book tomorrow.

Hillsboro, Ohio.

That I would have to have it out of my possession for a few days and probably have to declare it as a purchased item and do all of these government boarder tax issues I just don't want to do.

I would love to have more people enjoy this piece, but only if a Canadian shop approaches me.

That I would have to have it out of my possession for a few days and probably have to declare it as a purchased item and do all of these government boarder tax issues I just don't want to do.

I would love to have more people enjoy this piece, but only if a Canadian shop approaches me.

Nah, you declare it based on fair market value...how you determine that is unlikely to be questioned by US Customs.

Original art enters the US under 9701.10 and is duty free & no taxes.

Whether it's going for display at a museum or potentially sold, doing any kind of temporary importation to the US is a waste of time/money.

Since the item may re-enter Canada, do an E-15 at time of export (getting it inspected and stamped by Canada Customs) so that it can come back without any taxes etc...

US import guide for art etc..

Nah, you declare it based on fair market value...how you determine that is unlikely to be questioned by US Customs.

Original art enters the US under 9701.10 and is duty free & no taxes.

Whether it's going for display at a museum or potentially sold, doing any kind of temporary importation to the US is a waste of time/money.

Since the item may re-enter Canada, do an E-15 at time of export (getting it inspected and stamped by Canada Customs) so that it can come back without any taxes etc...

US import guide for art etc..

But its so much work!

More than a Canadian shop would be nice if there is some association in Canada which organizes comics' related exhibitions, some convention or the like.

In Italy you’d instantly find it, as we have a number of conventions culturally promoting comics that would enjoy this. :)